Kelsey asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

Do you know any information on Jo Goodwin Parker?

Please help, the first person who finds information on this person the college teacher says gets like 1,000 brownie points ha! This author wrote about poverty. Please help me find background information of them!

• Rain
    Favorite Answer

Jo Goodwin Parker's "What is Poverty?"

In her essay "What Is Poverty?" Jo Goodwin Parker defines poverty in a number of ways. The essay is her personal account about living in poverty. Parker describes the difficulty her and her three children face in order to do normal daily activities such as sleeping, washing clothes, and eating. The life Jo Goodwin Parker lives is not uncommon; many other families experience the same hardships.

Jo Goodwin Parker

information jo goodwin parker

This is to "?" question above.

Parker was mentioning there's "school lunch program" available for her kids but by the time they are old enough to go to school which is around 4-5 years old... their body will already be damaged due to the lack of nutrition at home BEFORE they get to school. Hope this clarify your question above.

I admire her essay "What Is Poverty" and what she had to go through.

• First of all, I realize this and the answers were posted 6 years ago but "Rain" you are an idiot. Jo Parker is my grandmother. She only had one child and was never in poverty, however she had a heart for those who were less fortunate. She was a social worker when she wrote and published this essay. After social work she became a volunteer. The point is, don't answer questions you don't understand.

• You're hostile as **** for no goddamn reason, You're the idiot here, he has every reason to believe it was her personal account and that she wasn't writing it on someone's behalf (Nevermind the entire ******* thing is in first-person.) 'Didn't understand'? don't be a goddamn asshole.

I don't think your gonna find any info on her because she refused to put any of her information out when she submitted her essay..which is kinda sad, she could have probably made some money off of it. perhaps she used a alias??

Please i need help with this. What does PArker mean when she says "I have two children who will already be damaged by the time they get to school" ?

Those who know say not.those who say know not.Well!i really have no idea.just being nice by answering questions even if i don't know a bit about the subject.

• Gail

Never heard of this person. Sorry.

no and its gonna be hard to find. I need to know it of anyone finds it please let me know