Poll; Ladies do like a a man to practice chivalry?

For you who are unsure example are; Open or Hold the door for you, hold your chair until you are seated or at least wait until you are seated before sitting down, hold your coat for you to put it on, address you properly, not yea, what'sup,

Basically treat you like a lady, or have those time became a thing of the past. Like girls calling boys. Just wondering if I am a Dinasor or is it wrong for me to tell my girls this is what they should expect out of there dates?

MO

Favorite Answer

like? it's more like a requirement.

a gentlemen will do these things for a lady. I really like it when a man escorts me into the room with his hand on the small of my back.. know what I mean?

i am old fashioned in so many ways but yet i live independently

we were raised that way too. nothing wrong with telling your daughters that is how it should be. i am glad you lead by example.

i do think it is ok for the girl to call the guy though. depending on the situation. he can't be the one that ALWAYS calls.

I do things old fashioned too.. like having the house cleaned, dinner cooked, just pampering him. i think it is a two way street. i dont yell and throw things and act like a butt and therefore deserve to be treated like a lady.

Oh Mo...I am glad there are men like you still left! Unfortunately, in this day and age chivalry is pretty much dead. But most women would LOVE for a man to open doors for us, give us a seat on a subway or bus, step aside to let us off the elevator first, go to the bar to get our drinks and yes address us always with respect.

You are not wrong at all. Please help inspire other men. ehhh....most men are chivalrous when they first start dating you...but now when i am cold, there are no more offerings of a jacket, no arms around me...I hope that you stay chivalrous MO.

• Rainy

It's so hot when a guy does those things! I have no idea just why all these modern 'feminists' (not namecalling, just saying) came up with the idea that it was somehow holding us back.

Personally, as a woman, I let men do as much for me as I can. There's nothing wrong with it....they like to do it and I think it's sexy. Same as when you're walking down the road and guys drive by and whistle. It's the ultimate compliment.

Girls should only expect those types of things from dates. I would never go out with a man a second time unless he actually put forth the simple effort of common courtesy.

Men who practice chivalry are no doubt not cognizant of the times we live in. With women given equal rights over most domains in society, there is no need to do anything extra, when we are now competing with them for jobs, notoriety, money, etc. Women, in a typical setting, are treated more kindly then males as they are raised. Historically (even to this day) boys are raised to be tough, smart, capable, and occupationally sound (they can hold a job and make money)... with this kindness comes a hypocrisy in itself. Women now demand equal rights, but BETTER treatment, the kind they are used too... especially good looking women. Think about it. Most men would drool and grovel over a good looking woman's whim...the more she becomes accustomed to it, the more likely she is to have a chance to exploit it. Most men do not have this option. Have you ever heard of a man receiving alimony payments? Women's rights in itself is a hypocrisy, as would be a contemporary form of "chivalry"... the reason is men are simply more disposable to society. Why do you think there are scientific studies that women are more attracted to and become more sexually aroused by a "bad boy" than a "nice guy"? they are used to being treated nice. The "bad boy" doesn't treat them nice, and it fires up their emotions, excites their emotions, in every which way, causing extreme attraction... The "good guy" who doesn't say anything too racy, is emotionally stable, and is more or less bland as far as causing emotional arousal from a woman, is what they are conditioned to... This would be the "chivalrous" fellow. To be *truly* chivalrous in modern times is not only hypocritical, but counter intuitive. There is kindness and there is chivalry. Chivalry is dead, and women killed it...

Very good for you!! I certainly like to be treated like that. If a man does that than his lady should certainly have the greatest respect for him. I have been to a couple of balls, escorted and had doors open for me and it is really nice. In official gatherings chivalry is still around. You are doing the right thing.

• I expect to be treated like a lady. and I wouln't be interested in a man who did not do all of the things mentioned above. some guys today I think have gotten lazy, or they were never taught how to treat a girl. but for me it is a must. or I will lose interst. I am a lady & I demand the proper respect.

Source(s): so the answer to your question is yes. teach your daughters to expect to be treated like they deserve to be treated, with respect all ways. not all guys are neanderthols.my man treats me right. he does all of the door opening & all that stuff & he is 20.so it's not an age thing either. teach your children right & they will act right & hopefully pass it on.

I do it not because i have to but because I want to. But I would hold the door open for anyone why should it just be the guys doing things for you ladies, you guys can open a door for us every so often

You are doing the right thing by your Daughters, I love it when a guy holds the door for me.

• i love a man who practices chivalry. it is very hard to find now a days because alot of people were not raised that way. im looking for a man like this but have not found that so far.

Basic manners is fine but all dat stuff about holding your coat & waitin to sit, thats just stupid. Personally it would drive me mad. You can be treated nicely without all that.