any credit cards who give rewards for mortgage payments?

I have been searching a list of credit card companies. I am trying to find a company which will give back any kind of reward (cash back, rebate, travel, anything) for paying my mortgage on. Since this is the single largest payment I have each month, I am trying to optimize my benefits. Any suggestions? Thanks

I think a couple of you are missing the point. I am not having any trouble paying my mortgage, I am just seeing if there are any rebate programs out there which will take mortgage payments. I would pay the balance on the credit card off in full each month, just as I always pay off my mortgage each month. I would never be creating any more debt. In fact, I have zero credit card debt now- everything I charge up each month, I pay off in full and I have different credit cards that pay different rewards. I have flown completely free by using some of my credit cards. The cards cost me nothing to have because I never pay any interest on them since I pay everything off in full each month.

Best Answer

I assume you are able to pay your mortgage payment and you don't HAVE to charge it, and you are just looking for some type of benefit to using a credit card for your mortgage.

There is one company I know of which offers the ability to use a credit card to pay a mortgage. However, they charge a steep fee (2.49% plus $20). On the surface that may seem like it's not worth it. But if you happen to have a credit card which gives you very good rewards (for example, 5% on all purchases) you might come out ahead even after paying the fees. You'll have to evaluate whether it's a good idea based on your specific rewards card program.

If after all that you still want to look into it, the site is cardit.com . I am not endorsing the site and have not used it myself, just passing along what I know.

I don’t think that paying your mortgage payment on your credit card is the smartest thing. Credit cards create a cycle of debt. Your home is a major vehicle for building wealth, and part of this wealth is taking advantage of the tax savings and the equity. The interest payments on credit cards can eliminate the benefits for taxes, and can even lead to creating a large debt that you would need to take out a home equity loan to overcome. Some mortgage companies won’t even let you pay it with a credit card because of this.

Here is a website that has a few credit card with cash rewards and others with every purchase that would include your mortgage www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com has all major credit cards.

Paying your mortgage on a credit card.....are you mad? Dont pay debt with debt no matter how good the benefits!

GOOD LUCK - I have never heard of this type of card. If you do find one - let me know about it... But, if they did do this - the mortgage companies would be loosing out. And I think that any lending instituation usually takes care of themselves first and the customer second.

Ha ha ha ha.... good laugh, thanks.

No such card exists and probably your lender won't accept credit card payment for mortgage anyway. Why should they want to pay the fee for it.

Lady,

PLEASE stop .

ur thinking is missing the boat.

read 'the millionaire next door' not one of those people ever got wealthy using 'reward' scam points. visit daveramsey.com to learn ur hard lessons coming ur way the easy way from others mistakes.

paying mortgage is doubling ur risk.

Source(s): foreclosurer server - plenty of work thanks to underinformed buyers

Cut up the cards that you have and go to cash.

Credit cards will suck the life out of you, deepen your dept, and make you work to try to make payments.

They are evil!

no but checkout my points.com...they give rewards for shopping in certain online stores with their card.

not sure there is canadian tire credit cards there is capital one visa mastercard

You could check out those i am not sure