Why does it seem that so many Bible literalists don't read the Bible literally when it comes to the end times

Warning: this is a long question that may require you to think. If you don't like that go to P&S. Bible literalists/ fundamentalists (I realize not all believe this way, but I had to narrow it down somehow) usually read the Bible literally, and pride themselves in this. They tend to be young earth... show more Warning: this is a long question that may require you to think. If you don't like that go to P&S.

Bible literalists/ fundamentalists (I realize not all believe this way, but I had to narrow it down somehow) usually read the Bible literally, and pride themselves in this. They tend to be young earth creationists from reading the Genesis account literally and live their lives according to a strict moral standard they see outlined in the Bible. But they also seem to be (once again not always) more of the premillenial dispensational mindset about the end times. They take on those particular views of the rapture, anti-christ, and tribulation.

This is where I get confused. A lot of the theology about the antichrist is drawn from Daniel which does not lay it out literally. Ideas from the rapture also seem to rely heavily on interpretation of scripture, not a literal reading. And I can't see how Revelation can be read literally to back up a premillenial dispensationism view of eschatology
Update: I'm not trying to attack premillenial dispensationalism. I'm just wondering how it lines up with a literal reading of scripture. Are the two mutually exclusive? What does it seem so many Bible literalists take that viewpoint, which seems to largely be a product of 19th century theology and not a literal... show more I'm not trying to attack premillenial dispensationalism. I'm just wondering how it lines up with a literal reading of scripture. Are the two mutually exclusive? What does it seem so many Bible literalists take that viewpoint, which seems to largely be a product of 19th century theology and not a literal interpretation of the Bible?