Songwriting: John Lennon (some corroboration with McCartney), Singing voice: Lennon. Guitar skill: George Harrison, Drum Skill: Ringo Starr. Showmanship: Paul McCartney. Read the biographies of Lennon and McCartney. There are allegations that Lennon did more of the Beatles songwriting than McCartney. Also that McCartney was a perfectionist and gave the other members of the band a hard time all the time. Some trivia, did you know that there was a fifth Beatle in the beginning?
Paul was by far the best musician as he was a talented Bass,Guitar,piano and drum player. He played all those instruments on many Beatle and solo songs.
John was only an average guitarist/piano player.
Ringo was quite the showman.
I would rate John and paul equal in the songwriting genre with John leading in the early days and Paul in the latter.
Paul had the best voice.
People tend to downplay Pauls input alot and claim that John drove the Beatles but that was just not the case.
Paul had a better ear for melody but John most definitely had a lyrical edge. George matured much later.
They were all hugely talented but together they just kicked ***.
A. Songwriting ability
1. John Lennon: John's lyrics are often the most interesting, quirky, and nicely done. Even his nonsense lyrics like "I am the Walrus" are nicely done.
2. Paul McCartney and George Harrison (tie): Paul's lyrics are mostly upbeat and catchy, but rather lack the X-factor compared to John's lyrics. George Harrison is surprisingly good in terms lyrics, but his lyrics are often more simple.
3. Ringo Starr: Ringo's lyrics strike me as being too childish, but he is a good drummer nonetheless.
B. Singing voice
I don't care much, but I think John and Paul both are decent singers.
C. Guitar skill
1. George Harrison and Paul McCartney (tie): George is the main guitarist, so he is pretty good with guitars. Paul McCartney also could play good guitar.
2. John Lennon: His guitar skill is also good, but Paul and George are better than him at playing the guitar.
3. Ringo Starr: I have never seen him playing guitar, so I can't comment.
D. Drum skill
1. Ringo Starr: He is the main drummer of the Beatles.
2. Paul McCartney: Just listen to "Back in the USSR," his drumming skill is also good.
3. John Lennon and George Harrison: I have never seen them playing drum yet so I can't comment.
1. Paul McCartney: What would you expect? He is the most showmanship obsessed among all the Beatles members.
2. John Lennon: Not as ostentatious as Paul McCartney, but still pleasant.
3. George Harrison and Ringo Starr (tie): They don't seem to focus on the showmanship.
A - John, Paul, George, Ringo
B - John, Paul, George, Ringo
C - George, Paul, John, Ringo
D - Paul, Ringo, John, George
E - Paul, John, Ringo, George
I'll add one more category since they were also movie stars!
Acting - Ringo, John, George, Paul