What happened to latrell sprewell?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
where is he now? is he a free agent or is he retired?
Best Answer
He's probably peddling street corners...making I'm sure much more than the $21 million the Timberwolves offered him. Hey he's gotta feed the family!
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • MaxxedOut answered 7 years ago
    Lurking in the shadows behind the Sonics bench waiting for the prime moment to jump Carlesimo for old times' sake.
    • Comment
  • J Dub answered 7 years ago
    He is sitting back counting his money! He is runnig a multi million dollar business. No he didn't retire yet. He invented the spinning rims which are called Sprewells!!!
    • Comment
  • smardie answered 7 years ago
    retired a few years ago.

He was in the news a month ago. He had had his 70-foot, $1.5 million, Italian-built yacht repossessed .
    • Comment
  • Gracie answered 7 years ago
    Currently, he and his brother own the company Sprewell Racing, a part of Sprewell Motorsports, a San Gabriel, California-based chop shop that provides custom body market and aftermarket performance parts. Sprewell is himself an avid automotive enthusiast.

Don't you have Wikipedia on your computer??

Source(s):

• Comment
  • As Real As It Gets answered 7 years ago
    Currently, he and his brother own the company Sprewell Racing, a part of Sprewell Motorsports, a San Gabriel, California-based chop shop that provides custom body market and aftermarket performance parts. Sprewell is himself an avid automotive enthusiast.

Source(s):

wikipedia
    • Comment
  • jay s answered 7 years ago
    As far as I know, he's not officially retired. But he has fallen off the radar; he apparently doesn't even respond to NBA calls.

Latrell didn't get the contract he felt that he deserved, so he didn't play. If someone believes they are worth 'x' amount, then so be it. Can't knock a dude for believing in himself. I still think at 37 he is better than a few NBA players now.

I got the impression he treated the NBA as his job and nothing more; not as something he loved to do. He probably loves basketball, but I don't think he liked the NBA as a business.

I also thought he never liked the stardom either....I assume he is just as happy not being in the public eye and not considered a major sport-celebrity like his days in Golden State, New York and Minnesota.

I am a Sprewell fan: I miss his game and intensity. I consider him one of the best and basketball purists would agree. But I don't expect to see him back. I'd say he is content with the fact he made it, he is able to live his life the way he wants and he is no longer under anyones contract. He's probably enjoying life now that he's Latrell Sprewell the businessman, the auto shop owner, and family guy.

He wont be back as a player. And his past makes returning as coach pretty slim too. I'm disappointed I never got to see him play live!

Source(s):

General assumptions.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • wadeslife answered 7 years ago
    well he first got banned from the nba cuz he choked his coach in golden state and recently he was offered a deal to come bak and he dnied it cuz he said he had to feed his famil y i dunno but he also had his yaht reposesed...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • star baller 360 answered 7 years ago
    i dunno
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Margaritavillian answered 7 years ago
    often seen in Milwaukee working out and playing pick up ball

had his boat repo'd in (docked in Lake Michigan) Milwaukee over the summer
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ballin! answered 7 years ago
    He had to feed his kids !!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• jeff t answered 7 years ago
    I would consider him retired. The guy is one greedy bastard.

On October 31, 2004, the Minnesota Timberwolves offered Sprewell a 3 year, $21 million contract extension, substantially less than what his then-current contract paid him. Insulted, he publicly vented his outrage, declaring, "I have a family to feed." He declined the extension, and, having once more drawn the ire of fans and sports media, had the worst season of his career in the final year of his contract.

He hasn't played since then

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • fred[because i can] answered 7 years ago
    Maybe he got lost for good...I get all choked up thinking about it...
    • Comment
  • junior v answered 7 years ago
    WHO CARES!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • gypsy answered 7 years ago
    He is looking around for some smaller old guy to sucker punch.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock