Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Who has the most oppressive regime.... Israel or Palestine?

Update:

Uh, no Mashtin Baqir,

The first widespread endonymic use of "Palestinian" to refer to the nationalist concept of a Palestinian people by the Arabs of Palestine began prior to the outbreak of World War I, and the first demand for national independence was issued by the Syrian-Palestinian Congress on 21 September 1921. After the exodus of 1948, and even more so after the exodus of 1967, the term came to signify not only a place of origin, but the sense of a shared past and future in the form of a Palestinian nation-state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people

Update 2:

5 Answers

Relevance
  • m i
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Israelis have by far and away the most oppressive regime towards the Palestinians under occupation, confiscating land for Jewish-only settlements, denying Palestinians the right to live in their own city of Jerusalem or worship at mosques or churches there, supporting settlers who vandalize Palestinian property, terrorize Palestinians trying to harvest their crops and sometimes kill them, and building 10-meter walls around villages to cut the people off from land Israel claims, preventing the people's access to their farmland, medical care, and water - in effect turning villages and towns into prisons.

The Palestinians "PA" regime isn't really a regime as they are still under occupation, not an independent body, technically they're an arm of the Israeli regime. However, they're somewhat oppressive towards the Palestinians, as they try to squelch political opposition both at the behest of the U.S. and Israelis and on their own behalf.

The Israeli regime is somewhat oppressive towards its non-Jewish Palestinian and Arab citizens, not as much as it used to be, but to this day actively involved in ejecting them from their land and giving preference in many ways to Jewish citizens.

The Israeli regime is not at all oppressive to its Jewish citizens.

In sum, one has to say that Israel has the most oppressive regime.

Source(s): www.stopthewall.org
  • 1 decade ago

If you look into the dictionary for the meaning of the word "oppressive', you will find that it stands for 'being unreasonably severe and tyrannical'.

Israel , ever since it was established , has been quite oppressive towards the Palestinians. When the neighbouring Arab countries attacked it, it took away much of Palestinians land! Thus it has been labelled as "the Bully of the MIddle East".

• 1 decade ago

The Palestinian people were created artificially in 1964 to facilitate the dismemberment of Israel.

"The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, Muslim Sherkas from Russia, Muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. The civil and tribal wars between Yemenites (from Yemen) and Kessites (from Banu Kais of Saudi Arabia) ... are well known among Palestinians.

"My grandfather, who was a dignitary in Bethlehem, almost lost his life by Abdul Qader Al-Husseni (the leader of the Palestinian revolution) after being accused of selling land to Jews. He used to tell us that his village Beit Sahur (The Shepherds Fields) in Bethlehem County was empty before his father settled in the area with six other families. The town has now grown to 30,000 inhabitants."

- Walid, a Palestinian Arab defector, talking about the recent immigration of Arabs to Palestine. quoted from "Answering Islam"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the last time I checked Israel had 72 condemnations from the U,N, because of their human rights violations, and land grabbing etc, I would think this would normally be considered a act of aggression and our world leaders would take action to rectify this , but, good old America has protected Israel every time it has been sanctioned and continue to give them $billions of our hard earned money yearly, and the also give them weapons such as the cluster bombs to drop on civilian neighborhoods to maim and kill children and they have succeeded very well according to the news media. ( not the Zionist owned American media) but your independent or European news media, most country's (except America ) consider Israel the terrorist capital of the world, however the Palestinians I feel would be just as bad if not worse if they had some one like the U,S, to fund and back them with the needed weapons, but, the U,S, has always backed some one who would cut our throat at the first opportunity , Israel is no different,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Whom do we support? That should give you the answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.