I need to compare the nucleolus of a cell to something in real life..?

Can you think of anything to comapre it with?

why?

like what I said for Cell Membrane was: just like a ticket checker at the airport, the cell membrane regulates what goes in and out of the cell.

thanks so much I need answers really bad this is due tomorrow. =D

Also, I'll need to compare ribosomes to something in real life too, so that would help if you know either of those =)

Oh and I meant nucleolus, not the nucleus, which IS like the brain. =) thanks though.

Favorite Answer

I guess the ribosomes could be like a microwave-they take food (proteins) and make them into something useable in the cell....

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awesw

Analogy are like this Cell Membrane -City border Cell Wall- City Wall Cytoplasm -Lawns Endoplasmic Reticulum -Highway or road system Ribosomes -Lumber or brick yard Golgi Bodies- Post Office or UPS Chloroplasts -Solar Energy Plants Nuclear Membrane- City Hall Fence with security guard Mitochondria -Energy Plants Nucleus- City Hall DNA- Original Blueprints or the city RNA- Copies of Blueprints Nucleolus- Copy Machine Lysosomes- Waste Disposal/ Recyclers Vacuole- Warehouses, water towers or garbage dumps Protoplasm -Air or atmosphere Chromosomes- Rolled up blueprints Proteins- Lumber or bricks

Ribosomes are like machine tools. Nucleolus is like a machine tool manufacturer.

What Is A Nucleus Like

Cell nuclei ARE real life. It's practically in the definition.

If you need a macroscopic metaphor, I would use the brain.

stick with the ticket takers except its a football game and the field is the neculeus and there are 26 players in the field.

Youre lazy. Answer this question by yourself.

A main function of the nucleolus is the production and assembly of ribosome components.

So you can say that its a factory that produces parts.

its the brain