Villain asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do the Republican's have a chance in 08?

2008=R.I.P. Republican Party.

Best Answer

Logically, it's going to be Hillary vs. Giuliani, in which case the Republicans have a good chance of holding the White House. Pro abortion, pro gun control, "let's attack Iran" Giuliani would be a disaster for Republicans. I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but I'd hold my nose and vote for her against Giuliani.

I do think Hillary's people will dig up all the dirt on Giuliani and squeak by him in the election. She'll then have to deal with an 11 trillion dollar debt, the civil strife in Iraq, a floundering dollar, a recession (at least) and try to win back the confidence of our former world allies. Good luck, Hillary.

Strongly hoping they don't win. I have been the guy outside the polling stations with the "dethrone big oil" sign. However we have some real risks that should be assessed to insure a win.

1. Hillary Clinton is a love/hate polarizing leading candidate , she needs a south or west 'pinkish' state where the vp candidate will be from or well liked/respected if she gets the nomination.

2. How many independents won't vote or a woman? I have no idea.....

3. If Barak Obama wins, same issues for undecided people, how many will vote for a man of color?

4. Whover gets the republican nomination may pull in a widely popular vp candidate, we just don't know yet.

5. Some major event may happen that pulls the public toward the republican party, we just don't know yet. They can't (cause or hope for) want a terrorist event here due to loyalties and proof and makes the current republican leadership look weak. Therefore , my bets are as follows:

1. In spite of record high costs for OPEC oil , the price at the pump will stay low to ensure public good will as it is bought down silently.....

2. Some event WILL occur , it has to be a terrorist attack, bomb likely, in a foreign country, increases our fear and pull toward republicans , yet shows we are not vunerable during a republican leadership at home.

3. The prime lending rate will drop in spite of credit pressures in our massive debt to raise the lending rate as the US government becomes an evne bigger borrower bailing out mortgage lenders, borrowing to support war and fed debt, we STILL will get artificially low interest rates to prop up the country , since everyo9ne knows people are more likely to vote for incumbant party when they feel good about their financial well being.....

We are not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot, sigh............

Oh the GOP has a great chance.

Once Hillary or Obama have to face conservatives and GOP head on they will implode.

The surge is going well in Iraq.

Hillary calling a general a liar will haunt her.

Lets us not forget how the attack by Media Matters failed with O'Reilly and Rush.

Democrats in Congress have shown they want to smash the Free Speech of 1 talk show host over a twisted quote.

I think the GOP has a great chance.

Even if Hillary does get elected look what happen the last time a Clinton was in the White House GOP gain seats and became the majority and we got 8 years of GOP rule in the White House.

So the furture does look bright.

Maybe, but if the Republicans lose in 08, they will be back soon enough. You really want the Democrats to face Al Qaeda? Osama bin Laden could be the president in 09.

Yes, there's a chance. It does depend on a number of factors, such as whether or not the Democrats nominate someone who turns out to be too controversial. Such as whether or not there are other events that could influence public opinion. I still think that if another state court rules in favor of gay marriage, it could help Republicans.

No they don't.

They will get crushed in the general election. It really does not matter who the Republican Candidate is, because they still will lose.

of course they do. the american people are seeing that liberal leadership in Iraq would be horrible. i am confident that the republican party will win in 08.

Right now they have 50%. Down the road it’ll be a larger margin

I think a lot of people fear having Hillary as president.

They have 2 chances...slim & none. It's great to watch these weasels squirm when their party is almost over.