Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What food do you feed you're Bengal cat?

I have a bengal cat, and she has sensitive stomach problems (IBD). I was wondering, what would be the best food for this cat.

If you have any ideas, please tell me.

• Ken
    Favorite Answer

Diet plays a huge part in most IBD cats, A novel protein like rabbit,vennison ect with no grains, veggies, fruit, beef or fish may be your best bet

You can try something grainfree like wellness or merrick. If that doesn't work then try a novel meat Many people have success treating this by feeding a raw food diet, This site tells you how to make it. A raw diet can also be bought.

Also check out the whole site

http://www.catinfo.org/makingcatfood.htm

I feed my two adult bengals and at present, five bengal kittens, "Life's Abundance Premium Health Food for Kittens and Cats." In addition to quality proteins from chicken and fish, it has natural ingredients such as brown rise, flaxseed meal, eggs and easily digestible fiber from grasses, which are also high in antioxidants. There are no corn or wheat products in this food, which are hard to digest and tend to be the culprits that bother sensitive stomaches. One of my bengals gets runny pooh if she eats anything other than Life's Abundance. And all my cats for the past five years that I've been raising bengals, have loved this food. It comes in dry or canned. I order it from www.healthypetnet.com: a non-profit foundation for animal rescue groups.

Good luck!

Source(s): Healthy Pet Net, www.healthypetnet.com

Hello

One of my Bengal studs also has a sensitive stomach. I have tried everything and it seems that Eagle Pack is the one that helps him the most. I tried all the "sensitive stomach" formulas but Eagle just worked so well. I only feed him the dry biscuits and i avoid anything with egg.

Hope that helps a bit.

We went through a lot of trouble with our Bengal kitty. Our final solution and it is working is Purina One, only the Purina One not other Purina's and blan chicken. I buy it in relatively large cans. Human chicken can food. I mix this chicken every morning and night. It is funny to say, I actually save money versus buying cat can food

Bengal cats retain some of their wild issues and they need a diet more in proteins than other cats. Purina One has a good ratio of protein

Our kitten caught giardia, I'm not sure what from ... but I had to go to the vet, they gave me medicine. Changed his diet immediately to Purina One and chicken and we have a happy cat

The International Bengal Cat Society at www.bengalcat.com would be a great source for you.

• Jorjor

Why not go raw?? give her a raw chicken leg daily with a natural supplement.

and dont worry cats in the wild eat raw do they not??

Here this is a great link

http://www.barfworld.com/

I'm not sure. The best thing you could do is probably take her to the vet. I wish you all the best. I love animals.