Why and Who invented Day Light Savings Time?? I?

I live on the west coast usa, and november 4th we change our clocks back an hour and in the Spring every year we change them forward another hour.

Right now Arizona and California are on the same time zone. What is the reasoning behind daylight savings time??

It gets dark early enough!!!

It's already dark in the early am, so what does it matter?

Wouldn't it be more ecconomical to save enegy if we didn't have Day Light Savings Time???

i meant, why don't we KEEP DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Daylight Saving Time saves energy for lighting in all seasons of the year, but it saves least during the four darkest months of winter (November, December, January, and February), when the afternoon advantage is offset by the need for lighting because of late sunrise.

I like the light in the evening why can't we have more sun in the evenings in the winter???

Best Answer

Modern DST was first proposed in 1907 by William Willett, and saw its first widespread use in 1916 as a wartime measure aimed at conserving coal. Despite controversy, many countries have used it since then; details vary by location and change occasionally.

Adding daylight to afternoons generally benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours,[1] but it can cause problems for agriculture and other occupations whose hours depend on the sun.[2] Extra afternoon daylight appears to cut traffic fatalities;[3] its effect on health and crime is less clear. DST is said to save electricity by reducing the need for artificial evening lighting,[4] but the evidence for this is weak,[5] and DST can boost peak demand, increasing overall electricity costs.

• Don5 years agoReport

Actually You are wrong. Ben Franklin Invented daylight savings time in the US

• farone

When Was Daylight Savings Invented

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

It gets dark early...

Source(s): invented day light savings time i: https://shortly.im/Mq48v
  • Norma

No not invented but devised to overcome the constraints of time zones. If we used local time on earth, there would be no need for day light saving, as we would live by the rising and setting of the sun

• shari

It's the hours of the day you get "more" daylight. So it does make sense. Like kids can stay out longer in the summer and play because it's not dark yet and the birds don't wake you up at 4 a.m. because it's broad daylight out. Things like that. Plus you don't burn your lights in your house if it's lighter later in the day and such. I hope you unerstand what I'm saying here. Hope I put it so you can.

Just for your information, there is also Daylight Savings Time in other countries besides the USA. For example, in parts of Russia.

Unfortunately, the US Congress extended daylight savings time this year, so that it ends so much later, in November.

The idea is attributed to Benjamin Franklin in the USA.

The idea was to get us up earlier, to have longer evenings.

That way the farmers could get more done in daylight.

Since the sun was bright earlier in the morning anyway.

• fraz

The great Benjamin Franklin. How did this nation create men such as him and we end up with putzs like harry read in office?

Source(s): The great wazu

I believe it was Ben Franklin. Here is a site all about it.

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/

something to do with kids waiting for the bus in the dark...its dangerous...i agree with you.