What is the theme of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer?

I mostly want to know because it's been bugging me ever since I finished it up, but I also kind of need to know for my novel project.............

I have thought of a few, but they all seem way too corny and....they don't feel right.

Anyone have any idea what the theme of the book might be? A little explanation on why you think that way would be greatly appreciated in your answer. ;]

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Love conquers all, or love is the strongest force or something. Something about love being so strong to overcome anything.

Edward could have easily killed Bella at *any* time... but his love had overpowered his thirst and now he is just there to protect her.

• buhs
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Twilight Theme

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the theme of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer?

I mostly want to know because it's been bugging me ever since I finished it up, but I also kind of need to know for my novel project.............

I have thought of a few, but they all seem way too corny and....they don't feel right.

Anyone have any idea what the theme of the book might...

Source(s): theme twilight stephenie meyer: https://shortly.im/HwkMa
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axapS

That some books were meant to be a trilogy. Sorry, I couldn't resist. No, I agree with everyone else. It's about love, and the idea that true love can overcome any boundry. I used to also see sacrifice as a theme (because the only way to be with Edward was for her to sacrifice her friendship with Jacob.) But then I read Breaking Dawn.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That love is stronger than temptation, and can be found in the most unexpected places. For Example, Edward is drawn to Bella but has to resist the temptation. and That love can overcome anything.

heres a quote from new moon

"love is irrational. the more you loved someone, the less sense anything else made"

Twilight, new Moon, And Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer are the most Extraordinary, amazing and wonderful books on earth!! I love them so much, i couldn't live without them, they changed my life. I Never thought that I'd come across books like these, words can't describe how utterly amazing these books are ( just like Edward Cullen). i never thought i could love a fictional character so much, and adore these books ( more like miracles) as much as i do. and yes i am Twilight obsessed and pround of it!! lol

I LOVE EDWARD ANTHONY MASON CULLEN!!

And Bella, Alice. Jasper , and the rest of the Cullen family!!

• 7 years ago

Bella's Lullaby, clearly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.