Do you think L. Ron Hubbard really believed in Scientology?

Do you think that L. Ron Hubbard(the comic-book writer/founder of Scientology) actually believed in it, or that he knew that it was fake?

If you aren't aware of Hubbard’s story, let me tell you;

75,000,000 years ago, an alien named Xenu dropped a bunch of frozen aliens into the volcanoes of Hawaii. He then dropped a hydrogen bomb on the volcanoes, releasing the spirits of the frozen aliens to wander around the earth. These dead spirits now attach to human beings, which is where depression comes from.

Favorite Answer

Good question.

I guess the scientologists feel its some sort of coincidence that a religion invented by a science fiction author turned out to be about space aliens...

I wonder if he lost it enough to believe in the delusion himself - maybe he suddenly felt that all his fiction were merely 'visions' of alien worlds and were galactic history and not fiction any longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

http://www.xenu.net/

'"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard

definite, Scientology is genuine. It has impression in society that's spoken approximately via billions of persons. It has 1000's of communities and companies around the planet. solid administration : Harmonious alignment. undesirable administration : Disharmonious alignment. LRH from a Technical Bulletin. L.Ron Hubbard, nicely, he replaced into L. Ron Hubbard. He did quite a number of learn, traveled, observed existence, asked questions, replied many questions, wrote books, all started numerous communities and events, explored, mapped the two bodily and Spiritually. and actual lots, lots, extra. No, he never disassociated himself from Scientology, in spite of the certainty that he did get persons to run it organisationally. He had further discover ways to do to end the 'Bridge to entire Freedom'. the ordinary premise of Scientology is entire Freedom as a non secular Being. As a Scientologist 'i think' there replaced right into a guy on the planet that replaced into lots extra non secular than many. He could have been reported as Jesus or Isa or another community call. i'm particular that he replaced right into a non secular Being with an more desirable and extra intimate know-how of God than maximum. His physique replaced into from earth and he the Being, i'm able to easily anticipate from a non secular Realm. so a techniques as Son of God, i do no longer know. that's certainly conceivable, I even have not seen it disproved. thank you for the question. solid success sifting in the process the fake guidance.

Lmao OMFG... That is an awesome story, yeah but that belongs in a comic book man. You wanna know the real alien story go check out "The Lost Book Of Enki" it's the concrete basis for all religions which have been distorted over time. Pretty awesome stuff but yeah since Christ came it's still sits under mythology even though it predates the Dead Sea Scrolls a few thousand years.

• ?

I think L Ron Hubbard like the leaders of all Cults loved money, and found a way to make it, and the people to believe his Idea.

Not only did he get the fools to believe him,

but he made them pay for his weird Idea, as he ran along to the bank. Nice work if you can get it, and his religion is growing and his cult is getting new members and rich ones at that. Ah a fool and his money

• didi

I think he believed in Moneytology. The way to get money out of crackpots who can't make the difference between science fiction and real life. Read the blogs of sci fi writers and you will see that they meet those crazies regularly. Hubbard decided probably that he could make a bundle.

• To an extent, yes I think he did. I think he knew that his "methods" and "technology" were minimally effective, though utterly unscientific, and he knew that he could make others believe in their absolute 100% efficacy in order to scam them out of all their money, and so that's what he did.

And actually yes, I think he did believe in OT3, the Xenu story, the Body Thetans, etc. But just because he was crazy enough to actually believe that nonsense doesn't mean he wouldn't use the story to his advantage - which he DID.

Initially it was just some ideas he had for another crap SF story, but he had a massive fan of his Dianetics stuff in the form of the biggest SF publisher at the time, and I reckon that as the momentum grew he was just swept up by it all. He drank his own Kool-Aid.

CD

no and I think anyone who believes L Ron Hubbard is a fruit.

no offense to fruits.

L. Ron was developing scams all his life. He knew this would make him money. He faked a religion so he could get his money tax free.

• Jett

No, but then again by the actions of pretty much every Christian leader and follower I meet I have a hard time believing they really believe in Christianity.