get ear wax stuck in my ear out?

i think i got wax stuck in my ear cuz my ear is plugged, how can i get it out?

Best Answer

1] put a waterproof barrier over shoulder/neck.

2] mix 1/2 warm water with 1/2 peroxide.

3] lay on side, with affected ear up; or just lay head on side.

4] gently put one eyedropper full of fluid into ear. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. Put another few dropperfuls in, until fluid starts rushing out.

DO NOT put anything in the ear - no Qtip, no toothpick, no bobby pins, no hair pins, etc.

The only person who should do this is an ear doctor, who has the correct instruments to do it without injuring your ear.

If you still have something in there, see a clinic.

Source(s): RN
  • anjana

If it is wax and if it has struck up inside to its full size, leaving no area to make it come out then you need to go to a ENT specialist doctor to check up and do the needful.

However you can try this too before hand:

Take a bowl of warm water and pour it in the ear, keeping the ear up. Wait for a minute and down the ear. You can use a soft wooden toothpick and try to roll it inside the ear to the level you could do and see the wax come along with it! You can repeat for more times to succeed!

I use room temperature Hydrogen Peroxide straight from the bottle. I lay on my side with the wax ear up, gently - slowly pouring a small amount of peroxide into my ear canal. Then the bubbles and noise starts. It is bothersome to listen to but after ten minutes you can put a paper towel to your ear and let it drain. It works!

Olive oil will soften the wax in your ears and make it easier to remove.