Is California a nice place to live anymore?

Any part counts, but more specifically southern California. I keep hearing stories how it's extremely overpopulated, and prone to natural disasters, + crime, immorality, attitude, materialism, and basically everything bad. Is it really that bad? Compared to the rest of the country? I mean if you're... show more Any part counts, but more specifically southern California. I keep hearing stories how it's extremely overpopulated, and prone to natural disasters, + crime, immorality, attitude, materialism, and basically everything bad. Is it really that bad? Compared to the rest of the country? I mean if you're looking to escape from the east like Jersey/NY, or go to someplace more liberal that has better weather, is California the place to do so,

OR

Is California the place people want to escape FROM? lol.

I keep hearing mixed feelings.

Anyways, list the PROS and CONS of living in California as opposed to the east coast.

Thanks!