Gas Prices,,,Answer this Seriously?

In all seriousness, why has our gas prices increased? is there no gas left or is it a way for companies to make more money.-btw----is there a tax on gas?---i believe there is a tax on gas but i cant recall.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I'm in Kuwait now and I pay about $0.78 cents a gallon. Keep in mind that this is the price after the gas has been refined...

Take the same oil, send it to the US, refine it and put it in your car... Big difference. The US adds taxes you don't know about. Such as a tax that covers the cost of fuel used by government vehicles. Gas tax, road tax, State tax... and the list goes on.

The actual cost of gas is about $0.13 per gallon I'm sure. But even in Kuwait, people have to make a profit.

• 1 decade ago

The price of oil has risen dramatically recently. Our gas prices rise in line with the price of oil. There is a tax on gas. In some states it is around $.85 per gallon. In states like California, where they blend gas to help with the smog, it is much higher.

• 1 decade ago

The main reason is a shortage of Refineries in the USA.

The Oil Companies are making huge Profits but refuse to build new Refineries.

• 3 years ago

i do no longer see what obama has to do with any of this, or greater importantly, how romney will represent any form of substitute to any of this. i'm extremely attracted on your 'wages' declare nevertheless. wages interior the united states of a have been stagnant through fact the 1980's or in decline. this suggests wages have been in decline for a technology. so, lower back what has any of this to do with obama. and the gas declare (that gas became at or decrease than $2 a gallon by potential of the top of the bush term - that's basically no longer actual. and easily to form of actual up your inflation numbers: the dollar has lost ninety six% of that's value through fact the privately held federal reserve took over our financial coverage in 1913. so lower back, i'm seeing long term developments basically persevering with decrease than obama and that i see no rationalization why romney might adjust the process any of this - he easily hasn't reported so in any speech i've got heard. permit you be attentive to what, if romney desperate to disband the federal reserve and supply that authority decrease back to the congress decrease than authority given interior the form, or maybe audit the federal reserve - he'd get my vote. yet he's no longer saying any of it is he?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes there is tax on gas. It is added to the price per gallon.

• 1 decade ago

The taxes applied are for the benefit of the government to ride in their vehicles for free. We are paying for them. Why don't they make more cars that will take the flex fuel??? They got us and they know it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

uh, yes. when it says gas is 2.89 a gallon its like 9 percent tax on it or better.

And the days gas goes up is when they know i need to FILL UP MY TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

$90 of barb!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all politicians own oil stocks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.