freshman playing varsity football.?

ok well im 14 and a freshamn and the varsity head coach keeps on talking to me to play both fresman games and varsity. i really want to but my mom wont sing the permission slip since im under age to play varsity. how can i convince her and why wont she let me

im 5-10 175

play linebacker d-line

and oline

hardest hitter on my fresman team

Favorite Answer

Playing two games a week is going to put a lot of wear and tear on your body dude. Do what you can to have your mom let you play varsity but tell your coaches that you'd rather just play varsity. If it's not possible, just play on the freshman team this year and spend your next three years playing varsity.

Plain and simply because she is a mom, and a woman.

Most would not ever even allow there sons to play football. Just do like most young men do and sign the form yourself and go play and enjoy, until she finds out you are the S H I T on the field of play and agrees to sign for you in the future to play varsity football. Disregard the comments of the answer before me. If you are in shape you wont get hurt, and besides injuries happen at randon, and not because of any specific factors associated with your size or age. For all we know you are 6'2 300lbs.

Good Luck

It'd be nice if you were able to play for Varsity rather than Freshman, but Varsity games would be rough.

you could get hurt your body is still not fully developed... Your coach should know better, I recommend to wait till next year. I played varsity my freshmen year and ended up with a major knee surgery. Wait 1 more year at least trust me!! Besides if you play on freshmen team i bet you'll be on the field a lot more.

the fallen one is a retard what an *** he knows nothing bout football im going to kill him what an idiot 250 pounds what a joke thats a high school line man or tight end that guys a emo loser you can be any weight you just need skill and you have no more chance of getting hurt than freshman football

Yeah kid don't get so cocky, those kids will kill you but of course unless you are at least 6 ft and 250 pounds.

Yeah if you are at least not that then give up

just sit her down and be like

" mom, i know you don't think i should do this,

but i really would like to just try it, because if the coach thinks i can handle it, i probably can, and it'll look really good on college applications in a few years."

if all else fails, beg, cry, and nag until she says yes.

Source(s): :)

play in jv or b team for thsi yera. dont play in varisity. you could hurt yourself and be out for the season or your whole high school career. listen to your mom. she konws best

she probaly thinks your going to get killed, thats what my mom thought, she wouldn't sign it, so when i went to my dads house, i got him to sign him