Non-US science fiction / fantasy authors?

Hello all!

I'm looking for new sci-fi and/or fantasy authors from outside the US. They can either be works translated into English, or English writers based outside of the US (i.e. Canada, UK, etc.).

Who do you like? Why? Any and all info and suggestions will be much appreciated!

• KL
    Best Answer

Checkout Robert J. Sawyer. He is a Canadian author.

Jules Verne was French.

Stanislaw Lem was Polish.

H.G. Wells was British.

Neil Gaiman is British.

Terry Pratchett is British.

If you want to find out what country any other authors are from the Fantastic Fiction website is useful. It lists authors of numerous genres with lists of all their published works as well as some biographical information.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

Feedback: 1. There's a typo in the second sentence of the description. It's a pretty bad one, and one that will make a publisher chuck a manuscript in the trash. 2. The description is rather preachy. 3. A story should never start with dialog. 4. "(Static)" is really, really bad. Show, don't tell. Besides, that is not an acceptable format. 5. Some of the dialog is a bit stilted. Try reading it out loud to yourself, and ask yourself if you can picture people in real life speaking that way. 6. This sentence doesn't make sense: "I aim to reward the men who OUTSTAND themselves from the rest. There's more, but I'm running short on time. It shows promise, and I think in a few years he will be a decent writer.

Stephen Erikson. He is Canadian

He is the author of a series called "A tale of the Malazan book of the fallen"

It will be 10 novels in all and is very complex

I am actually on book 5 right now and it is one of the best I have read

I like Leo Frankowski--the author of the Crosstime Engineer series. He lives in Europe somewhere.

Stanislaw Lem. Polish sci-fi writer.

Good stuff.

Don't know if you can find it in English.

Margaret Atwood. She is Canadian. Her The Handmaid's Tale is a gem. So are many of her other works.

----

They're, Their, There - Three Different Words.

Careful or you may wind up in my next novel.

Pax - C

J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling