NCAA Video Game?

I didn't know that in NCAA Football 08 you could be placed into a different conference replacing someone if you do good. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

it's true

it seems to happen after the 3rd season

the first 2 years they offer you a different coaching job then they invite you to replace teams in other conferences

here is a similar question in a ncaa 2008 forum

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.ph...

Yes, it is true.

Most recently, I chose a Division I-AA team (Sacramento State) and replaced Fresno State in the WAC. After winning the WAC five straight years and winning the National Championship in my 5th year, I received an invitation to replace Stanford in the PAC-10. Stanford subsequently replaced my spot in the WAC. You have to be near perfect for anywhere between 3-5 years before receiving the invitation to move to a bigger conference.

On a different occasion, I played with Arkansas State in the Sun Belt. After winning the Sun Belt for three years and the National Championship in my third year, I received an invitation to replace Mississippi in the SEC. Mississippi subsequently replaced my spot in the Sun Belt.

The only thing you'll need to notice is that while you may be the "Coach of the Year" in the smaller conference, being the "Coach of the Year" in the larger conference is harder to do unless you beat better quality competition in your non-conference schedule

Source(s): Personal experience. Have completed four dynasties.