Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Just bought a registered quarter horse AQHA Need Help with papers?

I just bought a registered quarter horse from a rancher who was maybe the third or fourth owner to this horse he knows nothing about this horse. He just ran with the cows for almost four years and was never handled in any way. Well when I saw him I knew he was a gem. He has papers but the papers have the first owner on them and no other owners have not been updated. I have a bill of sales from the guy I bought him from. How can I get my name on the papers?

Best Answer

Do you want the correct, official answer or what most people do? The correct, official answer is to get transfers signed by everyone that has owned him, pay a transfer fee for each transfer and your wings will grow a couple more feet....or................get the person whose name is on the papers, you can find the person through AQHA, tell him what has transpired and the conditions under which you bought the horse and he will probably sign a transfer from him straight to you...you send the original papers and the transfer in to AQHA and the cost of one transfer and eventually you will get his papers back with your name as the registered owner. Good luck, you don't necessarily need to share all of your information with the AQHA, just say that you are trying to locate this particular person, period.

Contact the first owner and explain the situation to him or her. Most will be happy to sign a transfer and send it to you. The bill of sale is more important for proving ownership, but in order to be able to show him, you would need the papers in your name. Good Luck & Congrats on the new horse

Source(s): Horse Owner for 35 years. Lifetime member of AQHA and APHA

Contact the AQHA and ask for transfer of ownership papers. They will mail them to you, with directions on what to do. all you need is the bill of sale from the guy you bought him from and registration papers which you have...i went thru this with my T.B mare and i contacted The Jockey Club..they sent me the papers..i filled them out..sent them back..and they sent me the new papers with my name as owner!!

Good Luck & Have Fun with your new horse!!!

call AQHA . with last recorded owner in mind ,ask for address and then see if they will sign a new transfer to you ,most horses people are understanding and will be happy to help you

You need to call the AQHA. They'll have you fill out a transfer of ownership form.

Either call or email the AQHA and request a transfer sheet. Fill in your info, and you'll need the sellers signature. Hope this helps!!

Don't they tattoo a number inside the horse's mouth that can be used to get info from a quarter horse registry ?

I would e-mail AQHa and ask them. I am sure that they deal with stuff like this.

Call AQHA