LaToya asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how do i take care of straightened hair?

Favorite Answer

It depends on how long you plan on keeping it straight for. If you're planning on wearing 2 days+, it's crucial that you wrap it up at night... in the traditional "doobie" style. The longer your hair is, the tricker it is to wrap, but once you do it a couple times it becomes a piece of cake, make sure you use a silk or satin scarf as opposed to cotton to help retain moisture and prevent breakage. When you wake up in the morning, simply unwrap and brush out, you're hair will be just as straight and flowing if not more so, as when you first flat ironed it.

If you live in a climate with high humidty, you'll want to invest in high quality humidty blocking products. The best ones are ones that you use prior to straightening your hair, such as cremes or serums you use while your hair is still wet & curly.

After you're done straightening, massage a light dallop of serum in and spritz with a natural oil based sheen VERY lightly to keep your hair flowing and not stiff.

Avoid products like hair sprays and gels, until you now you're about to wash your hair. I love the straight look with big loopy curls at the end, but I only do this a day or two before I plan on washing my hair so I avoid icky hair spray build up.

its actually best to blowdry it straight, you don't get those bits of hair that stick up from the heat so much, that and get volume shampoo, and straightening conditioner

keep it moist- oiled whatever

wrap it w/ silk like scarf @night