promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

Rubbing Neosporin in your nose for bacterial infections?

Okay I'm trying to find more about this. Is it true that if you rub Neosporin on the opening of your nostrils you can stop a bacterial infection? Please answer this question from some article your read on the computer. You can copy and paste it as your answer.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry, if you wantr an article do the research yourself. I will simply answer the question as to what I believe may be true.

Neosporin is a topical ointment that has a topical effect only. It will kill the bacteria on the edge of your nose, but thats about it. It does not aerosolize and prevent infections. However, the thing you might be reffering to is "bactroban" another antibacteril in the nares "nose holes" it will kill MRSA, a bacterial infection. This is a common treatment in hospitals, and has shown to work. Walking around with neosporin around your nose may have some benefit, although slight. May also destroy some of your own personal bacteria that your body uses for defense.

Source(s): This is purely speculation. Except for the bactroban part.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

As a former piercer, a observed this a lot. do no longer use Neosporin, rubbing alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide! you would be SORRY! the only situation you need to use on it truly is sea salt diluted in water. they might desire to have it on the piercing studio in a product observed as H2O. additionally, shop your palms off of the piercing! in basic terms touch it with freshly washed palms. you may desire to refrain from taking the jewellery out and in. If it truly hurts, i could advise taking it out thoroughly and letting it heal. you may get it re-pierced later after it heals up (numerous months). in view that i'm no longer there to seem at it, i could advise you bypass to a magnificent save on your section and enable them to seem at it. they are going to be attentive to what you may desire to do. additionally, i could enable them to take it out if that's what they inform you to do. I constantly counseled a captive bead ring for the preliminary piercing somewhat than a nostril screw. nostril screws have an inclination to paintings their way out, and are greater companies to issues. solid success with it, and undergo in strategies that conserving a funky piercing is way less significant than your convenience.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.