1.There are several languages spoken in Spain: Castilian Spanish (official) 74%, Catalan 17%, Galician 7%, and Basque 2%.
2. In June there is the San Fermines (Pamplona). The running of the bulls through the streets of Pamplona (Navarra). A week of nonstop wine, merrymaking and bravado.
3. Our religion is Roman Catholicism.
4. Wonderful climates.
5.Spain was the only Western European nation to be conquered and controlled by Muslims.
6. Famous for our textiles & apparel, food & beverages, metals, chemicals, shipbuilding, and above all tourism.
7. The people: Spaniards, but Catalans and Basques have more of a fierce independent spirit.
8. Shares the Iberian Peninsula with Portugal.
9. In towns throughout the country the Kings arrive by car or by camel in parades the night of January 5th.
10. Visit Vilanova i la Geltrú, my hometown. Its absolutely BEAUTIFUL.