Roller skates with a key?

did you ever have a pair of sidewalk skates that went on over your shoes,and you had to use a key to put them off and on.I used to put my key on a string and put around my neck.Didn't dare lose that key.Wasn't that fun to go skating around the block?Ah memories.

Best Answer

good old days, wish i would have cashed in on it back then like they do today.....

Yes, I had some. Started off on those kids plastic ones, then graduated to the key skates. Great fun, but so heavy! Happy memories.

I've never had them but I remember as a kid I had this book that I loved that had a girl that would roller skate with those kind of skates. I think it was a "Golden Book" or a generic version of those

I remember skating with those metal skates and they made that great grating noise when you went down an incline real fast...

I was too clumsy for roller skates but I remember them well!

• ®

I remember them, never used them because I was never into skating!!

yes I rem everytime I look at the scars on my knees

i remeber them,my parents were to tight with there money to buy me a pair.

nope...my mom was such a meanie, I never had an easy Bake oven either :(