how to shrink clothes. PURPOSELY.?

i got this sweater, but i wanna shrink it. like down two sizes. its a large. but i want it a small. its new. ive only worn it once, i never washed it. its made of 100% cotton.

i also wanna shrink my jeans. they're my favorite pair, but i havent been able/wanting to wear them. i want them to fit better and a bit tighter. its 100% cotton too. well yea its jeans. so how do i wash/dry the sweater & jeans in the washing machine and dryer (machine) to get these to shrink a bit?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

wash on hot then dry on high! that'll do the trick!

• 3 years ago

How To Shrink Clothes

• 1 decade ago

100% cotton will surely shrink in hot water and a hot dryer, just like they say; but a sweater should be dried flat, not in a machine. Check the size after washing before putting it in a hot dryer. Good luck!

Source(s): Mom washed, ironed and made clothes for us 12 kids.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Reduce Sweating Naturally http://StopExcessiveSweating.teres.info/?fIlr
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

http://www.jerseyforsale.us

NHL Hologram Tag

Fight Strap

NHL Shield Logo

Reebok Logo

Overall Quality of Stitching

Letter Fonts

Colors

Collar Angles

Reebok Tags - Is there a barcode sticker?

These are all things that are very hard to spot when purchasing online. What makes it harder is that most sellers will use a photo of an actual authentic jersey to fool you.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wash them in soapy hot water and rinse twice then put them in the dryer on hot heat. This will definately shrink them. I did it accidently and it really shrunk the jeans and sweater.

Source(s): Done it.. accidently..
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

drying wet clothes will shrink them. high heat.

• SAK
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hot water in the washer, high heat temp. in the dryer. Take care.

• 1 decade ago

Wash them and then dry them on "high" heat

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.