Serious request for all beliefs: Would you please keep my sister in your prayers/thoughts/spells?

She had 2/3 of her colon removed Friday and developed an infection in the incision. She now has a 5 1/2 open section of the incision that has to be cleaned and packed 4 times a day. I made the same request on her behalf before the surgery, and it made her feel a lot better. She believes in prayer, so I want to give her whatever makes her feel better. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I truly hope she experiences a speedy recovery. She is in my thoughts. I told my mother (a devout Catholic) that a friend's sister had this problem and she said she lit a candle for her at the church she visits every day. In a church in Chicago there is a flame burning for the sake of your sister. My wife who is also a Christian is praying for her. I hope it helps. There is something going on in our conscious interpretation of this world that escapes my senses. Perhaps some people can sense this 'energy' or whatever it is. Maybe they can even manipulate it. I honestly don’t know. I sometimes I feel close to understanding for a fleeting moment at times during my meditation. I will try to send as much positive energy her way as I can. I wish peace and health to your sister, you, and your entire family. Take good care my friend.

Definitely.

You know, it's the mission of the Catholic church to pray for everyone in the world. They even have cloistered nuns and monastic priests devoted to just that all around the world!

I find that the most rewarding kind of prayer you can do, besides praising God in thanksgiving (not the holiday, but actually giving thanks to God for all His blessings), is prayer for the sick, especially those you don't know. It's gratifying to bring people together who have no relation to or knowledge of one another by something so simple as prayer. We are all connected, no matter what our faith.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your sister. God is with you! The same God that guided his son through death and back to life said He will never leave us or forsake us. He is right there with you, perhaps even more in times of crisis than any other time. Gods love for you is not dependent on how you look, how you think, how you act ,or how perfect you are. His love is absolutely nonnegotiable and nonreturnable. Ours is a faithful God. We have a Father who is filled with compassion , a feeling Father who hurts when his children hurt. I believe with all my heart and soul that God is going to heal your body and you will be healthy and free from pain. Take care and God Bless.

Source(s): Belief in the power of Healing. THE HOLY BIBLE: KING JAMES VERSION.

I also believe in prayer. My mother had recurrent breast cancer. The doctors gave her a year to live. Now, five years later, the cancer isn't showing up at all on the scans. I do believe that part of this was because we had so many friends and relatives praying for her.

So short answer... yes. I will definitely pray for your sister! God bless you both.

• Bobbie

Lord,

I pray for this sister who is in pain I pray that you have a fast recovery for her and I pray for life in her cells and defeat the bad bacteria We place her inYour Hand's and Know that you are in control of this situation and where there is light no darkness can abide Give her strenght to Fight this off and Give you praise during this. We know all things are possible with YOU!....Thank You Lord and your Will be Done!

We Pray in Yeshua's Mighty Name,

AMEN!!

† Every Day Prayer Warrior †

I am a Christian and I too, believe in the power of prayer. Your sister is wise to feel comforted by prayers, to God, the Father as He created her soul.

In as much, you let your precious sister know that there is a little granny praying for her speedy recovery! Assure her that I will continue in prayer for her as I too, am relying on God for His healing power, for her!

Thank you for posting so that I may have the opportunity to pray for another!

Blessings, to your family.

Source(s): Loving Prayer Warrior

That is very nice of you I will say a prayer right now. I strongly believe in the power of prayer!!!!!

God Bless you and your sister!!!!

Source(s): Christian

There is power power wonderworking power o th blood of thr lamb.Where two or more are gathered in his name (name of JESUS_)so we are here and he is coveredby the holy spirit so we have you placed in th palm of his hands

Sorry my typing is awry the fibro has setttled into my hands.

Am sending good energy towards her as I type and may the Deity bless her with improved health!

Blessed Be!

• Midge

I will most definitely pray for her. I will request to put her on the prayer chain for our church---how would that be?---give her our best