What are some interesting health tips..?
I need some interesting health tips for our school newspaper.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Move More
Make it a daily challenge to find ways to move your body. Climb stairs if given a choice between that and escalators or elevators. Walk your dog; chase your kids; toss balls with friends, mow the lawn. Anything that moves your limbs is not only a fitness tool, it's a stress buster. Think 'move' in small increments of time. It doesn't have to be an hour in the gym or a 45-minute aerobic dance class or tai chi or kickboxing. But that's great when you're up to it. Meanwhile, move more. Thought for the day: Cha, Cha, Cha…. Then do it!
2. Cut Fat
Avoid the obvious such as fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats (i.e. pork, bacon, ham, salami, ribs and sausage). Dairy products such as cheese, cottage cheese, milk and cream should be eaten in low fat versions. Nuts and sandwich meats, mayonnaise, margarine, butter and sauces should be eaten in limited amounts. Most are available in lower fat versions such as substitute butter, fat free cheeses and mayonnaise. Thought for the day: Lean, mean, fat-burning machine…. Then be one!
3. Quit Smoking
The jury is definitely in on this verdict. Ever since 1960 when the Surgeon General announced that smoking was harmful to your health, Americans have been reducing their use of tobacco products that kill. Just recently, we've seen a surge in smoking in adolescents and teens. Could it be the Hollywood influence? It seems the stars in every movie of late smoke cigarettes. Beware. Warn your children of the false romance or 'tough guy' stance of Hollywood smokers. Thought for the day: Give up just one cigarette…. the next one.
4. Reduce Stress
Easier said than done, stress busters come in many forms. Some techniques recommended by experts are to think positive thoughts. Spend 30 minutes a day doing something you like. (i.e.,Soak in a hot tub; walk on the beach or in a park; read a good book; visit a friend; play with your dog; listen to soothing music; watch a funny movie. Get a massage, a facial or a haircut. Meditate. Count to ten before losing your temper or getting aggravated. Avoid difficult people when possible. Thought for the day: When seeing red, think pink clouds….then float on them.
5. Protect Yourself from Pollution
If you can't live in a smog-free environment, at least avoid smoke-filled rooms, high traffic areas, breathing in highway fumes and exercising near busy thoroughfares. Exercise outside when the smog rating is low. Exercise indoors in air conditioning when air quality is good. Plant lots of shrubbery in your yard. It's a good pollution and dirt from the street deterrent. Thought for the day: 'Smoke gets in your eyes'…and your mouth, and your nose and your lungs as do pollutants….hum the tune daily.
6. Wear Your Seat Belt
Statistics show that seat belts add to longevity and help alleviate potential injuries in car crashes. Thought for the day: Buckle down and buckle up.
7. Floss Your Teeth
Recent studies make a direct connection between longevity and teeth flossing. Nobody knows exactly why. Perhaps it's because people who floss tend to be more health conscious than people who don't? Thought for the day: Floss and be your body's boss.
8. Avoid Excessive Drinking
While recent studies show a glass of wine or one drink a day (two for men) can help protect against heart disease, more than that can cause other health problems such as liver and kidney disease and cancer. Thought for the day: A jug of wine should last a long time.
9. Keep a Positive Mental Outlook
There's a definitive connection between living well and healthfully and having a cheerful outlook on life. Thought for the day: You can't be unhappy when you're smiling or singing.
10. Choose Your Parents Well
The link between genetics and health is a powerful one. But just because one or both of your parents died young in ill health doesn't mean you cannot counteract the genetic pool handed you. Thought for the day: Follow these basic tips for healthy living and you can better control your own destiny.
- 7 years ago
Health Tips Free download
- 7 years ago
Most Important Healthy tips for healthy life.
Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight.so take breakfast in early morning.
Always Choose fresh fruit instead of fruit juices. Fruit juices contain a lot of sugar to sweeten them up.
Reduce stress and maintain good health.
Reduce Fat from Hips and Thighs.
Always Choose whole types of grains.
Always Eat healthy foods and vegetables.
plz click this link more info abt this tips
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- JoanLv 45 years ago
First off, you are going to get wrinkles no matter what you do, it's a natural part of the aging process. Some day you will look in the mirror and see your mother looking back. It's the truth, and you should be proud of each wrinkle you come by honestly. But, stay out of the sun, and always use sunblock, not lotion. Don't ever smoke. If you do decide to drink when you're of age, drink in moderation. Don't ever have to wake up in the morning unsure of what you did the night before. Take your vitamins. Eat your veggies. Don't do tanning of any sort.
- 6 years ago
Sound way of life starts with a solid body. The celebrated line "a sound personality prompts a solid body" likewise applies when discussing general fitness. This is a rundown of the top wellbeing tips for driving an upbeat and solid way of life.
· Don't consume less calories. Consume healthier the greater part of the time and it will be better over the long haul. Getting in shape slowly is by and large better than losing it rapidly and is more inclined to stay off.
· Eat a high fiber diet. This is an imperative top wellbeing tip. This incorporates entire grains, tan bread, and oats. Fiber controls the digestive framework and diminishes the danger of entrail tumor. Normally around 13-18 grams of fiber a day.
· Stay far from dangerous manufactured sweeteners, and attempt to substitute sugar with any semblance of common sweetening options, for example, agave nectar or even more terrific stevia fake sweetener that is sheltered and sweet.
· Reduce the measure of immersing fat devoured day by day. Just 35% of day by day calorie admission ought to be fat calories and just 10% of those ought to be from immersing fats.
· Drink less liquor. Men and ladies have diverse necessities - ladies ought to have, short of what 14 units every week and men ought to have short of what 21 units of liquor. That is identical to one glass of one or a large portion of a half quart of brew. Not surprisingly, balance wins out - a little measure of liquor helps the heart while a huge sum is awful.
· Try to consume the prescribed five foods grown from the ground servings a day. It serves to shift the every day diet with distinctive hued foods grown from the ground furthermore gives an extensive variety of vitamins and minerals.
· Consume more fish. Omega three unsaturated fats in the oils are exceptionally defensive against coronary illness and raised cholesterol levels. The suggested week by week serving of fish is two to three - on the grounds that it gives 1.5 grams of unsaturated
- Anonymous7 years ago
You could start with simple weight exercises and walking. You could make balanced meals. and try to leave bed early in the morning. and of course avoid junk food and drinks as can you possible, cause junk foods make fat.As well as you have to maintain some health tips.
Best of luckSource(s): http://www.healthyu.net/