? asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

what fragrance should i put in my room to make it smell better?

im trying to make my room smell better before my sleep over what should i put in my room?

please answer,love taeana<3

Favorite Answer

Lavender! It smells great and is so calming and soothing! Scented candles, room spray, but if you REALLY want a scene, buy a lavender plant, and take some cuttings, then dry it, it will smell lovely and look wonderful!

A

x

open the windows and air it out....use fragrances only in the bathroom and kitchen to halt the odors. If your room smells then wash whatever carries the odor. Sure it would be nice to have a fragrance but bedrooms are usually small and someone may be alergic to fragrances and that will ruin your evening. Other people may complain about the fragrance as it may smell different to them. Or others would have considered a different choice. Some people may get a headache from it or their eyes (contacts?) may sting. And still others may be super tired and not able to rest. So just airing it out would be your best bet.

Why does your room smell? Get to the bottom of that and the smell will take care of itself. Do your sheets/blanket/comforter need to be washed? Do you have old dead food rotting in a corner somewhere? Take out the trash, clear out the dust bunnies, and vacuum the room well. Wash dirty laundry and put it away. If none of that helps, fill a bowl with white vinegar and set it on a plate in your room for a few days. If after all of that you still want your room to smell like something, burn a candle with the scent of your choice.

• John

Depends on what your exactly trying to do. If you just want a nice light sent to make the room smell nice, I would go with Vanilla. If nothings wrong but your trying to cover a light odor of some sorts, then I might consider Lavender. There are also tons of other sents so if you go into a candle store look for something that will make you happy but consider what your trying to accomplish with the sent and gear your choice toward what your trying to do.

Yankee Candle has the strongest fragrances. Either get a candle such as the house warmer candles which are the strongest scents they have and I really like the fruit smells. Or they have all kinds of potpourri and air fresheners. It's kind of pricey but I think it's worth it we have lots of animals and our house smells so good:)

Source(s): personal experience

I'll not suggest you anything regarding artificial fragrance as that makes one's sleep in illusion and creates lot of sleep related dsoirders. Just clean your room ventilate it properly and let your own oour make it like you. Take care

• N L

Bath & Body Works makes some really nice room deodorizers that you plug in. If you have a favorite scent in any of their lotions or soaps, then they probably have it in the deodorizer. My personal favorite is Warm Vanilla Sugar, but they have a lot of others to choose from.

That all depends on your tastes and those of your guests. I like fresh cut roses personally ( Yankee Candle has the BEST!) but it can make people with sensitive allergies miserable. Try something light and fresh, like fresh linen or cotton. That will eliminate any not so great odors, while not overpowering sensitive noses.

febreeze smells great (any of the scents) its not too heavy and it last a long time.

or you can buy a fruity candle from target or something. like country apple or berry berry or something.

GLADE makes good smelling candles for rooms.

• Kim

I would go with either cinnamon or vanilla. Those are my favorite and they are somewhat of a country/homey fragrance. If you are more trendy then you can go with somehting like Lemon verbena, I like that too. What is your favorite fragrance. Go with that. If you don't have one then just go with something neutral that everybody loves...like vanilla.