Blood Test results - LH, FSH etc?

Hi,

Im 32 and husband is 42. We’ve been trying to conceive for about a year. My husband already has a child from a previous relationship.

I’m not sure whether or not I’ve got polycystic ovaries. My periods have always been irregular (28 – 53 days) and scans showed cysts suggestive of PCOS.

My two 21 day tests indicated “ovulation unlikely”. Results were: 3.2 nmol/L and the second one 1.7 nmol/l. The second test was actually taken on day 23.

My first day 3 tests:

Total testosterone: 1.4 mnol/l

Estradiol-17B: 116 pmol/l

LH: 8.6 U/L

FSH: 4.5 U/L

My second day 3 tests were actually taken on day 4:

Total testosterone: 1.7 nmol/l 0.2-3.5

LH: 8.8 U/L 1.0 – 10.0

FSH: 5.4 U/L 1.0 – 10.0

TSH 1.4 mU/L 0.40 – 5.00

Glucose (Serum): 5.8 mmol/L 2.5 – 7.8

SHBG 36 nmol/l 19 – 117

Free Androgen Ind 4.7 0.0 – 7.5

I had a lap & dye and showed my tubes clear the dye passed through both tubes though my ovaries are a bit large.

What does this mean?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Why haven't you asked your doctor?? The reason why you're not getting responses here is because this question is too complex for Yahoo Answerers.

Based on some of these numbers (for example your LH being higher than your FSH) I think you may have PCOS. You can have PCOS without having cysts on your ovaries, but from what you posted, you're not sure whether you have cysts or not.

Here's a chart where you can look up some of these numbers yourself:

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.htm...

You really need to speak to your doctor one-on-one about what the conclusion is.

Good luck.

You really need to get back to your doctor and him to explain this to you in great detail, because if everyones honest on here what you've written is mind boggleling!!

Get back to him before you drive yourself mad!!