Calista or just Callie?

I love the name Callie but don't know if it could pass as a full name. I also really like Calista, which Callie could be a nickname for. What are your opinions? thanks!

Favorite Answer

Go for Calista, with Callie as a nickname. Gives more choice and both are nice!

I have a good friend named Callie and it isn't short for anything. I do really like the name Calista.

Callie

I had a dog named callie so i say go with calista

You should name her Calista, and then people could call her Callie as a nickname!

i'm really sorry, but calista can rhyme with a lot of really mean words, and i would never want to put my child through that. kids can be so cruel. i like the name though. i think callie is a really great name, and i know someone who's full name is callie, so don't worry about that. come to think of it, callie rhymes with a few mean things too. callie is a more common name, and i've never heard of the name calista before. if you want your child to be unique, then name her calista. if you want to be just like everyone else, name her callie. if you name her calista though, i can almost promise that she'll either absolutely love it, or absolutely hate it, depending on her personality. i would ask the father of the child for some help in name if you really need it.

I agree with your first instinct regarding Callie being too informal. I'd definitely stick with a full name option such as Callista -- this traditional spelling actually ties in the nickname Callie even better ;) -- or Calla. Both are equally lovely, and it never hurts to give your child TWO beautiful names (formal and pet form). Options are always a good thing. :)

• MJ MCK

Calista. Callie makes me think of a dog's name.

Calista has the sophistication whereas Callie is more casual.

I think Callie looks like a nickname, so I would think Calista. But Calista isn't my favorite, so I'd say if you spell it differeently, Calliegh (as someone else said) that could be nice. But I would say Caleigh or Calista, if you want to call her C-A-L-L-I-E.