Explaining Trinity?

Both the Noble Quran and the Bible claim that GOD Almighty is an Absolute One and only One:

"Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him. (The Noble Quran, 112:1-4)"

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4)"

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. (From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"

Notice also how Jesus said "our God", which included him to be under GOD Almighty's creation and Divine Authority, and not someone or an entity that is equal to GOD Almighty.

The Bible's New Testament also records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any sane person put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?

I have yet to see a good answer to this one by any polytheist trinitarian.

Also, another important point to notice in Mark 10:18 is the word "alone": ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

Jesus in this verse is clearly giving exclusivity to GOD Almighty when he said "alone". If Jesus was truly part of GOD Almighty and/or the trinity lie was true, then Jesus, to say the least, would not have said that.

Favorite Answer

In fact only one modern-day English translation (the King James version, if I'm not mistaken) of the Bible even speaks of the "Holy Trinity". Even among Christians it is highly controversial.

The Trinity is a construct based partly on the Gospel of John, Chapter 1, about "the Word (Logos)". "...And the Word was with God, and the Word was God, ... (and) in the beginning with God... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us". This is a mystical reference to Jesus Christ that has been interpreted by the Christian Church as meaning that he was part of God, and is now believed to be the second Person of God. The first Person is God the Father. They also refer to the story of Christ’s baptism when a dove appears above Jesus’ head, and a voice is heard saying “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17 and Luke 3:22). There are many references to the Holy Spirit in the New Testament, and again this has been interpreted by the Christian Church as the third Person. Some theologians have tried to square the circle by explaining that the Son issues from the Father, from eternity, and the love between the Father and Son is itself a Person, the Holy Spirit. The doctrine of the Trinity was adopted generally in the Council of Nicaea in 325CE. It's tempting to think that it's influenced by other pagan beliefs. Theologians try to make it sound technical by referring to the Triune God - One God, with 3 Persons. A book on Theology I’ve got sometimes takes a more recent concept or construct and reads it back into earlier scriptures. So they might then interpret earlier scriptures as referring to newer doctrines that the author never intended. So in Genesis 1, when it refers to God saying "Let us ...", they then re-interpret that as the Trinity talking to itself; the author had probably envisaged the Canaanite pantheon (Elohim, sons of the Most High God El Elyon).

• tcjstn

You are correct. There is no trinity. The word trinity was actually started by Tertullian later on, long after Peter and Paul had died. The concept of the trinity is proving, but the application of it is impossible. Isaiah 9:6 proves that Jesus was not only God in flesh but God in Spirit. The only division right now between God is between Jesus and the Spirit. As long as Jesus exists in His fleshy body, God will keep Himself divided. He does this for our benefit, and when new Jerusalem is finally built, Jesus will sit on His throne and become fully unified God. He had to separate Himself for us, because the Spirit cannot commune with the sinful flesh.

As for alone, Jesus had a sinful flesh. He was born of a sinful mother. He too had the curse of Adam, and resisted it to perfection His whole life. If Jesus didn't have a sinful flesh, why would Satan attempt to test Him?

Jesus=God. God=Jesus. They are the same, with ONE Spirit. As the Bible says-"One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism." "One God and Father of all..." You see? One God and Father of all, and Isaiah 9:6 said Jesus is the everlasting Father. It's a self completing circle.

Lets try it this way. Most people accept they have three parts, Mind, Body, and Soul.

If I say your hands need washing, I'm not talking to the other two parts. If I say your mind is sharp, then ditto and if your Soul is scarred then ditto. If I say I repect you, then I am talking to you and none of your three parts individually, but collectively.

That is my understanding of the Christain concept of Trinity. They seem to ignore the question of whether the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. In my view it is. They have a word for it. The Godhead. I have yet to hear of anybody praying to the Godhead.

I can only assume that when they pray to God, they actually mean the Godhead, but it seems incoherent not to say so.

• gatita

I am a Christian and I worship the one true God, Jesus Christ. We read in Isaiah 9:6 the following,

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." This the prophecy of the prophet Isaiah about the future birth of the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Note He is called the Mighty God and the Everlasting Father.

John1:1-5 states, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

In John 8:51-58 Jesus declares to the church leaders the following, " Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

The Lord God of the Hebrews told Moses that He is the great I AM. Christ declared that He is the I AM. I believe that Jesus is the Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Spirit in regeneration, but ONE GOD who manifests Himself in three ways. I believe in being baptized in Jesus Name because that formula was commanded on the day of Pentecost by Peter. There are a total of four times in the book of Acts where we read of someone being baptized in or into the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin. Whe Jesus commanded His disciples to "...go ye therefore into all the earth baptizing them in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" He was not speaking that formula. Notice He said the NAME not the NAMES. The NAME is that of of the one true God, Jeshua, Yahweh, Jehovah. The NAME that is above all names, Jesus.My Creator, Saviour, and Redeemer. Praise His holy NAME!

gatita_63109

You and they will never communicate on terms of equal understanding because as theists, you are all effectively sealing yourselves off in tanks whence nothing comes or goes.... and you will never be able to understand the Trinitarian Christians in the tank next to you without rupturing the hull and letting in the air of reason.... which would effectively destroy all you wished to express in the first place.

• Delly

it's kind of like a three in one deal. Jesus and God and the Holy Ghost are all the same. i look at it this was

Jesus is like our physical body.

The Holy Ghost is like our soul and emotions and stuff

and Ggod the Father is kind of like our mind and the way we think things and reason it all out etc. : )

make sesnse??

i hope that this has helped you. : )

Source(s): an awesome friend

Beginning Funny-Mental Math

1+1=3.

1X1=3

1/1=3

Any questions?

prove it?

no.

but they believe it.

• .

Jehovah's CHRISTIAN Witnesses Have NEVER Believed or Taught the FALSE Pagan Doctrine of the Trinity !

holy trinity means god in three persons and they r holy spirit, jesus and himself. he is only one but present to us in different waays. as the holy spirit, jesus his son and god the father himself. the god is one and we but we feel his presence in three different ways. it simple as that!! when jesus said no one is god-except god, he was sowing his respect to god the father and god the father is the powerful one and jesus became powerful when ggod worked or speaked through him.