Do you think I have a good chance of getting into USC or UCLA?

I go to a private school where you have to pay 10,000 dollars a year. This school is very expensive and very well known. I make all a's and maybe one or two b's. My extra curricular activies include orchestra and basketball. I scored a 1980 on my SAT. I am a junior right now. What are my chances and what do i need to improve? Please anwer.

Favorite Answer

I hope to get into both so badly (#1&2 choices). SATs only 100 pts. higher plus 800 on math level 2 and Chemistry SAT II's, all A's and B's, but out of state public school well known for science research (12 Intel semifinalists 2 years ago). At the end of this year, I will have 8 APs and 5 college courses (all taken at University). I have around 500 hours of community service, but I feel that because I'm out of state, this may not be enough. It probably will come down to the essay, but for you either show exceptional sports skills or up the SATs or win a big science fair like ISEF or Intel.

• Ranto

Yes -- you probably have a shot at those schools. It looks like you are qualified. If it really is one or two Bs, then your GPA is higher than average. Your SAT scores are about average for those who are admitted. You seem qualified.

Those schools turn down lots of qualified applicants -- so you need to make yourself stand out. You will need a great admissions essay.

You will certainly get in somewhere good, though.

Source(s): College Professor
  • ?

UC Merced, UC Santa Cruz, AND Uc Berkeley ARE accessible alternatives! you have a pair of eighty% danger of entering into. you have A 50% danger of entering into UCLA. AND USC, according to danger A 20% OR 30% danger. yet do no longer enable THAT DISCOURAGE YOU! practice TO ANY college you prefer to coach TO!

• neniaf

I would try retaking the SATs. Both schools are very competitive, and while you have a shot with your current achievements, you would do better with a higher SAT score.