The Prison Death Penalties in 2007?

Hello, I'm wondering what the death pentalties are in 2007. Does the electric chair still exist? Do they have new methods or what?

I'd like to get caught up.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The death penalty is a state by state standard. Some states have the penalty some don't. I believe that for the most part states that have it use lethal injection. I think that this is the preferred choice of execution for states that have the death penalty. Some states still have other forms of execution still on the books that are available to be used, such as electrocution or firing squad. This is not the case in the military. Although not has not been used in a while, technically you can still be hanged in the military.

• 1 decade ago

They only use lethal injection now, which sucks. The guy who decapitates a person who is alive gets a shot of poison while he is asleep. Also since what ever year that the states decided whether to keep death penalty there has only be like 370 in Texas.

• 1 decade ago

Only one state (Nebraska) uses the electric chair, exclusively.

Here is the website that lists the methods that are authorized in the states that allow the death penalty

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=8...

Source(s): www.deathpenaltyinfo.org is the best site for all kinds of information about the death penalty in practice.
  • 1 decade ago

They use lethal injection now

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

depends on where you are but, lethal injection is the most common.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.