Health Care Professionals of all types (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists.. etc.) Please help!! : )?

I am a nursing student and I have to do a case study for my pharmacology class. I have two questions which I am having a hard time figuring out. I will pose the Case and then ask you the 2 questions. Thank you for your help!! 75 year old admitted with increasing fatigue and ankle edeme (4+). She ha sbeen active... show more I am a nursing student and I have to do a case study for my pharmacology class. I have two questions which I am having a hard time figuring out. I will pose the Case and then ask you the 2 questions. Thank you for your help!!

75 year old admitted with increasing fatigue and ankle edeme (4+). She ha sbeen active until the past couple of weeks. She has persistent dyspnea especially at night. She has had less of an appetite. She has a history of an MI 5 years ago with chronic heart failure.

5'8 130 lbs
Rales in L lower lobes

Temp 97, 130/70, 30, 100
Na+- 131
K+- 3.8
BUN- 35
Creatinine- 1.6

Doctor's Orders:
Increase Benazepril to 40 mg/day
Furosemide 40 mg once per day
Continue Fosinopril
Add Digoxin 0.125 mg PO 1x/day

1) Why has the doctor decided to add Digoxin to her medication?

2) Why does the doctor not want her to increase her K+ intake?

I appreciate you taking the time out to help! : )
Update: Thank you all so much! You're wonderful.. and so are your answers!!!