LSD: Health Project. Please Read?

Okay I'm doing a Health Project on LSD, & I thought about interviewing a former LSD user but if I can't do that then would anyone who is 'educated' on the subject or even has known someone or something along those lines give me a little info? I would really appericate a lot of feedback!! Thank You So Much! :)

Favorite Answer

I experimented with LSD when I was 14 and 15 (way too young to be taking drugs in case you're wondering). I became curious about mind altering drugs because my older brother had started using them and he was saying how cool and "fun" they were. I was also listening to a lot of psychedelic music at the time like The Doors and Jimi Hendrix and that also made me curious. I remember being enthralled by the possibility that a little $3 tab of acid could change you forever -- it could either mess you up or you'd be more brilliant as a result of taking it (either way you would never be the same after trying it). I was a thrill seeker in those says so it was just another thrill ride I hadn't yet tried (I was into jumping off cliffs and riding on top of cars in those days).

I liked the way it made me feel. It makes you see colors when you listen to music, it makes you feel like you can tap into emotions you never knew you had, it makes colors appear florescent, it makes things look wavy. I remember on a few occasions it looked as if somebody had tossed a can of tie-dye paint on the sky -- the sky was raining and dripping every color imaginable. Listening to the later Beatles music is very much like being on LSD (especially songs like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Revolution 9). The trippy organ music, backmasking, and dream invoking collaboration of sounds is pretty much what goes on inside an LSD users head. Being on LSD is like being in a peaceful, magical waking dream (I never had a bad trip so I can't say what that is like, all I know is that I would have been afraid to use acid ever again if I had had one). If there is a peaceful afterlife, I am sure it must be similar to a non-scary LSD trip.

I am afraid of the drug today. It has been so long since I've taken it that I am pretty sure my head would explode if I dropped acid today. I don't want to take it ever again because I don't want my positive memories of the drug to be overshadowed by a negative experience. I never regret having experimented with LSD, however. I believe it has influenced my artistic sensibilities and I believe I have a closer relationship with God and Jesus as a result of taking acid.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to take LSD today. If we were living in the carefree time of the 60s I would tell people to go ahead and try it. I believe the environment we are living in today could make taking acid a very frightening experience that would make the drug seem like an unforgiving creature of Satan (not unlike being on meth). If you are curious about it DON'T DO IT. I was fortunate that I had close friends with whom I could experience acid trips and not feel like I was being judged. If you are curious about taking it I doubt you know anyone who is nice enough to allow you to have a good trip. Most of the kids can't handle it today anyway because they're not open-minded enough for something as powerful as acid. So basically...don't do it. You will have a bad experience and you will probably come out the worse for it.

Have a good life.

I could help you greatly on this, throw me an email if you'd like.

Be warned too, I did LSD as my health project a few years ago, be prepared for alot of questions at the end of it's a class presentation.

just quote john lennon's song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds in your paper and youll be set. just kidding you could do that if you wanted but try looking on support group websites about former lsd users like this one

www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/LSD.html

My dad took LSD in the 60's. He was a hippie who lived out of his car. =) He's now a philosopher and member of MENSA. All he's ever said about it is that there's no such thing as a bad trip, just bad experiences.

• Bishop

I used to use Lsd what do you want to know?

Call it Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and don't give me best answer, this doesn't answer your question at all, it's just down right atrocious.

• P.Y.T.

look into the 70's music scene.