Tomm T asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How Bad is the AFC East?

The Pats just need 7 wins to clinch a playoff spot!

Favorite Answer

AFC East is in a world of hurt right now, but I can tell you that it will be back and nasty as ever in the next couple of years. I think Buffalo is still a dangerous team due they have a lot of heart and I think they finally have a QB they can count on.

Miami has the running game going and the defense is still not that bad. QB is still the problem, but with Green going down it may have openned the door to Lemon who really isnt bad and may come out being a great QB for them.

J-E-T-S are going down in a big ball of flames and I dont see nothing pulling them out soon. I like Thomas Jones and that about it and their WR's Cotchery and Coles, but the rest need to be flushed and start from scratch.

So yes New England is in great shape to win 6 games in the division and run wild the rest of the way. New England is stacked at wide out as they have Moss and Stallworth and my favorite no body Wes Welker. They have an explosive offense and a defense that can help them get by their opponents.

NFC West is way worse. The AFC East nonetheless has plenty of proficiency, and any one who thinks the Patriots are going to move five-eleven now could be fallacious. I are not able to stand them, however I do recognize that they're proficient. The Seahawks might be 6-10 each 12 months if it were not for being in that department.

I think the entire conference lost a step...not just the East.

Yes the Bills and Jets both look like they lost ground from last season, but so do teams like the Broncos, Bengals and Chiefs...and maybe even the Chargers (but they have looked like the righted the ship the last couple of games, so we'll reserve that judgement).

This season, outside of the truly elite teams like the Pats and Colts, I think we are seeing a pendulum shift. Instead of the NFC improving to catch up with the AFC...the AFC has fallen off and allowed the NFC to gain ground overall.

the fish and the jets blow. buffalo will suprise. they just had a tough schedule to start the season. it gets easier for them though. im expecting 7-9 wins out of buffalo. but new england will take the division easily with a 15-1 or so record. early season predictions..

pats 15-1

bills 8-8

jets 6-10

fish 1-15

Source(s): bills fan
  • Jay

After the Pats, it's truly pathetic. Miami may not win a game all year and Buffalo may only win the games against Miami. My old high school team could finish second in that division.

• 7 MORE wins or 7 wins period?

If it's 7 wins period, that is SO sad.

I can't wait for the rematch of Cleveland at New England in the playoffs. This is the Browns year. Super Bowl baby.

Source(s): F-U, VRA-BEL!

no kidding, but you have to admit, no matter what division the Pats are in they would still win it

Source(s): pats beat the cowboys by 21 baby!!!

It may be bad, but not as bad as the AFC West!

That is hilarious!