Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Boston Celtic RAY ALLEN. Is he the new MS. CLEO???

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/195189_so...

October, 2004.

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points."

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

"He's out there playing, and if he does something good I feel like he needs to pat himself on the back because to me, it seems like he's isolated out there. As much as it's five-on-five, I don't see much camaraderie going on out there with his teammates."

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this isn't clairvoyance. this is just ray allen's character assessment of his fellow western conference all-star teammate and draft class member.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ok i know the age on these boards is rather low so thats probably why there is so much hate for perticular players...

Honestly.. the worst thing u can do to someone... is to expect them to be perfect in every single way.....

He is an outstanding basketball player.... but maybe his hardwork has stoped him from slowing down and looking around and realising that there is a world outside of basketball.... and because of this it has lead to some of the actions he has done...

I believe that the way things came down really has shown him that hes been doing things wrong.... atleast in handling his laker situation....

But i believe he has grown up...

U see u have to see it from his eyes.... The lakers is the only team he knows... and has been the only team he wanted to know.... but thats because the lakers have usually always had a decent roster.... and he went from 3 back to back championships with a decent line up of veterans and shaq the monster to a modern lakers under knew owners who have reduced the veteran ranks in the lakers to just kobe bryant... the last piece of the laker 3peat championship....

and he said they promised him they would make big moves and get the lakers back into championship floors.... they never denied they said that.... and instead of following through.... they have hired several rookies to fill their bench and floor while saving lots of money.

Afterall even in a bad team people will still pay to see kobe....

to further add to frustrations... trade offers had been made to the lakers which would require an ok player and andrew bynum in exchange for another star player.... but for whatever reason (probably budget) they would not follow through.... and they believe bynum can be the next tim duncan... but if uve been watching him play all these years and this preseason(against benchers most of the time) you probably wouldnt agree..with that......

Shaq left and hes been more vocal about that more recently.... his reasons for leaving have been the same as kobes... being lied to by his owners.

except shaq left with a short word with the owners. and kobe...is more of a passionate person... he loves what he does..... because of that its easy to understand why he would go through it the way he did it and not the way shaq did it..

he took the abuse hoping that they would one day get better that one day the team would make a move... he just rode it out quietly the way an abused wife would.

Ray allen is a great player... and although his statements are true to a degree.... no one really knew that the owners promised kobe a good roster... atleast not until recently.... and i think ray allen would have to agree that if the owners said they would bring in talent... that they should...

but its easy to understand ray allens words.... during that time period kobe did seem very selfish... and maybe he was.... but as a human being... we all mature and grow at different rates... some take forever....

• 3 years ago

The Celtics have already got an interior presence interior the very gifted Al Jefferson. in addition they have already got a defender on the shield/forward place in Tony Allen. ahead of the draft they mandatory a respectable commencing center and a backup pg to Rondo. After the commerce for Allen, they nonetheless go with a respectable center. i do no longer think of any participant obtainable on the 5th %. will resolve their center problems. procuring and promoting for Ray Allen nonetheless, solves the priority that they are too youthful and green. Ainge nonetheless has some greater strikes to make. He could desire to look for a high quality center and a high quality pg, ideally utilising Gerald eco-friendly and Ratliff as commerce baits.

• 1 decade ago

Is it real? Ray Allen is a good basketball player and a great prophet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.