Maine Coon?

a friend recently told me of a breed of cat called the Maine Coon. he mentioned the believe photoshopped pics of a guy holding a very large cat across his arms, and that the cat was a real breed. being a big lover of cats (my kitty Spikey died nearly 4 years ago), i decided to look the Maine Coon up...and... show more a friend recently told me of a breed of cat called the Maine Coon. he mentioned the believe photoshopped pics of a guy holding a very large cat across his arms, and that the cat was a real breed.

being a big lover of cats (my kitty Spikey died nearly 4 years ago), i decided to look the Maine Coon up...and instantly fell in love. i find their colors and marks beautiful, and the fact that they are so big is such a large plus for me.

ANYways, onto my question, lol.

what would be a average price (i know it varies between breeders) and any local cat shows around (LA area)?

also, any other information regarding the breed would be great

Thank You!