Chicken Shawarma HOT SAUCE?

I love chicken shawarma in pitas. Toronto has so many places where you can get em. But, the best part, is the hot sauce. Oh god, that hot sauce is soooooooo good. I'm addicted to it.

Does anyone know what that hot sauce is actually called? And where I'd be able to buy some? I tried looking it up, and I thought it was 'Skhug', but I'm still not sure. I NEED that sauce to put on everything. :D

Favorite Answer

Shawarma is most commonly eaten as a fast food, made up into a sandwich with pita bread or rolled up in lafa (a sweet, fluffy flatbread) together with vegetables and a dressing. Vegetables commonly found in shawarma include cucumber, onion, tomato, lettuce, parsley, pickled turnips, pickled gherkins, cabbage, and in some countries, such as Jordan or Saudi Arabia, french fries.

Common dressings include tahini (or tahina), Amba sauce (pickled mango with Chilbeh) and hummus, flavored with vinegar and spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Chicken shawarma is often served with garlic mayonnaise, pomegranate concentrate, skhug (a hot chili sauce), or any combination of the three.

Shawarma Hot Sauce Recipe

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

Hmm, the only sauce I"ve ever had on shwarma is tzatziki, the yogurt/cucumber based sauce. But it's certainly not hot, temperature or spice wise.

Harissa is the red hot sauce you get with it

Falafel king ! we have one here in Boston ! You can also search on the internet for Arabic food restaurants.