Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Question for Jo Frost?

I'm elevin and I have a problem. I still sometimes throw temper tantrums! Whenever somebody tries to help me (particularly people in my house) I get mad and start screaming and crying. I'm so worried. I have one older brother, and I always think he gets the attention. My question for you is, should I see a therapist or something? I really don't want to.

I watch Supernanny, but it just shows little kids.

I'm NOT retarded!!!

Favorite Answer

I'm doubting that Jo Jo is hanging around in case you ask a ? so I would suggest that you do at least consider seeing a behavior counselor.

Although it's good that you have some understanding of why you may be doing this they can help you exchange more positive behaviors for this one and get the results you are really wanting with more mature and acceptable behavior.

• jaffe

properly i do no longer understand Jo Frost so it might could desire to be Jo Joyner. could desire to exercising warning, in spite of the undeniable fact that, cos she's watching for twins! Now why has somebody given me a thumbs down?? no longer elementary!

sort out what it is thats making you so mad about people wanting to help you, you can get councelling if you want but it's not necessary, just breathe and count to 10 everytime you start to feel mad. maybe even walk out of the room when you feel that anger rush coming on, do anything that works just to stop your anger coming out in a temper tantruim. but the most effective way would be to find out whats triggering your rage and work through it, once you know what it is, sort out why it makes you mad and then think of ways to change how it makes you feel.

No! just count to 10 before you start ranting,then people in your family will treat you differently if they see that you are acting more like a grown up instead of a spoilt baby :)

Nah, dont see a therapist

1.it's a waste of money & time

and

2. because,it wont help just talk to your mom.

I mean maybe like others have suggested count to ten in a solitary place(in a lonely,quiet place) and close your eyes and take deep breaths.

dang, when i was 11 i was like scared to cry and throw tantrums because my mom would killl mee ! :D

um, if your worried about yourself, you should start being more calm, and when your really mad just breathe in and out and count 1-5 . that should calm you down :]

I'm, not Jo Frost but since you seem to know where your fault is, try to count to ten and calm down when you think you're going to blow up.

Source(s): I do it sometimes.

COUNT TO 10

im 10 and i think you should just controll yourself.well if you are retarded it's completely normal.and it is some time normal even if your not retarded!(retarded does not mean stupid it mean physicly disabled)

Right, I'm Jamie Frost, (her brother). I will ask her for you, and i will get back to you.