Stem cell research?

I know most religious ppl believe embryonic stem cell research is wrong. But what about other means of stem cell research? Stem cells are collected from adults and from the umbilical cord and placenta of a baby donated after birth. Neither of those methods hurt the donor and can go a long way in med research. I... show more I know most religious ppl believe embryonic stem cell research is wrong. But what about other means of stem cell research? Stem cells are collected from adults and from the umbilical cord and placenta of a baby donated after birth. Neither of those methods hurt the donor and can go a long way in med research. I may have just been cured from my cancer from a stem cell transplant.

Why do ppl not want this research that can potentially save a lot of lives and cure disease? Do you believe it is wrong for a woman to go through IVF and waste embryos? Why not use those embryos that are going to be destroyed anyways for research? Is it wrong for humans to donate their bodies to science upon death?