Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

What should u do if ypur best friend friends don't like u because you'r black?

I went to my Homecoming dance yesterday, and my BFF friends said that they didn't want to dance with me because i am black. I feel so sad. What should i do? please help and do provide similar experiences.

Favorite Answer

omg we're in the 21st century, i no racism is still going on but racism ended ages ago!

thats just plain mean, ive got tones of friends that r blak and they're just as fun. That person is just rly mean, of course ignoring them might not be the best solution, because she might've done a mistake and it would be kinda sad to lose a BFF over a mis-understanding. make sure she rly meant it bfor u do anything mean. if u ask her and she gives some REALLY good excuse and it looks like she means it and is not lying, then if she says sorry you could be bffs agian if it turns out she really did mean it, you should just move on. freinds like that rnt rly friends. itll be her loss right?

PS sorry i cant giv similar experiences, i go to an international school and people r just used to ppl being being black and white

I guess they aren't really your best friends then. You should find new friends who don't care what skin color you are,but what you are on the inside. I really have never had an issue with racism I guess people in my school don't care and i'm only part black cause i'm mixed.

You don't want to be friends with people that can't see beyond your skin Color anyway. You can't hold this against them alone either because disliking people for the color of their skin is taught to them, it doesn't really have anything to do with YOU, it's what they have been taught. Sad for sure...you will meet friends though that don't care about the color of your skin. Those are the people you want for friends anyway.

What a B*tch. You don't need friends like that. Do you have any other friends that you can hang out with cause don't spend time around her. Sometimes friends can turn on you. And that's when you know they aren't really your friends, hang around different people.

I just wouldn't have anything to do with them. I sure wouldn't want them as friends. There's alot of hate in the world but you don't have to be a part of it. There are also alot of people out there who will like you for who you are, not for the color of your skin.

Stop considering them a BFF. That is cruel and uncalled for. Everyone has feeling!

find other friends. I've never been on that situation but I would not do that if I'm your best friends. Don't worry, there are some people that care about you.. =)

first tell your friend if they dont care what you say avoid the friends friend and hang out when the friends friend is not around. I feel bad for you

Racists....! 0_0

Wow, that's one fo the worst things a friend can do.

They aren't really your friends if they do stuff like that.