I am considering buying home and car insurance with Allstate but , should I?

I have been told that it is not a wise idea to keep my home and car insurance together, even if I get a discount. Can anyone tell me why, please?! Thank you!!

Favorite Answer

I would get a good lawyer that I can trust to examine the policy first. Insurance companies, (probably most of them), use very misleading words that appear clearly to mean one thing but yet they may mean just the opposite. Insurance salesmen and car salesmen may act like they are your friend but in reality they are trained to get you to think that they care about you and are your friends.

More than a few people in California lost thier homes due to fires and had "EXENDED REPLACEMENT COVERAGE" in their policies which meant that they actually got screwed and were $280,000.00 or so short after being paid for thier houses in some cases.

Some Insurance companies are run by lying, greedy, powerful people. I will not say that this is true or not true about Allstate or any one of them.

The hurricane damages which caused the flood in New Orleans was for the most part unpaid by insurance companies since the water came from the ground up. They say that the hurricane did not cause the damages.

Allstate commercials look good and so do the ads for the Marines or Army recruitment BUT what happens in the military when you get gut shot, or you lose a leg,arm, your entire crotch, or half your face ? Do the research to see if the good outweigh the bad. Search the web for complaints about your insurance company first. I see insurance comapnies as a needed evil that we middle class and poor have to live with.

Source(s): Documentary on the Insurance companies on TV

Get and compare quotes from different companies at - INSURERATES.INFO-

RE I am considering buying home and car insurance with Allstate but , should I?

• ?

I might suggest one to try this internet site where you can compare rates from different companies: http://INSUREGRADES.INFO/index.html?src=1YAtnyulGI...

RE :I am considering buying home and car insurance with Allstate but , should I?

Follow 11 answers

I have my home and car with WaWaNeSa in California; no discount for having both but their rates are much less than other major firms. you should shop around unless you feel Allstate is all that is available to you.

• Diana

By all means use Allstate, I have looked everywhere for something as good and cheaper. The only one that comes close is for those over 50, and they are more expensive,but the deductable is less. And face it how many claims are you going to have. I am very happy with my package and I only have to make one phone call....

I've never heard that it was unwise to keep both with the same company. I have all my insurance with Allstate and have been very happy with them for years. I haven't had many claims, but I've never had a problem.

Most autobody shops in this area will not even take the time to talk to you if you have allstate.

For free insurance quotes

USAA is way better, crazy coverage for a good rate, they even will pay when it's your fault sometimes, and they paid for most of our new roof a few months ago

I propose that you do that web paage which you could compare estimaates coming from diverse fiirms locally without co st. https://tr.im/CzGi0