Should I buy an MFI kitchen or a John Lewis one?

The john lewis one would cost an extra £2000, but do you think the overall quality and look would be worth that extra money? I want to stay in this house for at least another 3 years so I want something that will last.

Best Answer

If you are looking at around 3 years MFI should be fine the quality isnt too bad.John Lewis more but the good side is they are good if anything goes wrong. Im not sure if £2,000 more is justified though.Have you tried Moben?I got mine from ther 4 years ago and it looks great still.

if your only going to stay another 3 years then is the extra 2 grand worth it? MFI have got a bad rep with parts missing and lousy costumer service something john Lewis doesn't, their products are good quality and customer service is excellent if you feel the extra money is worth it then john Lewis is the way to go. I'm sure that the MFI kitchen will last you the 3 years but i doubt you will get a trouble free installation

Both John Lewis and MFI kitchens are flat pack. I'm a kitchen designer and fitter. I supply and fit solid carcases in heavier materials at lower prices than MFI or John Lewis. My lead times are shorter and I keep any promises made with regard to delivery and quality. As I probably live miles from you im not asking to quote for your work but you may consider using a small independent company as we do offer a better quality and service. Look at their showrooms and realise your paying for all the TV adverts etc.

Go with John Lewis! I almost bought a bathroom suite from them and they were cheap nasty products with inflated prices. The installation, without any extra work (tiling etc), is approx £1300. With extra work it would run to £3000, whereas my suite cost £1500.

Eventually, we said "no way Jose" and went somewhere else. I got good quality products at discount, sale prices. It cost £1400 and got a fitter that did EVERYTHING for £1500. They were very reputable as I'd seen the fitter at work for someone else.

It took us 2 weeks to get it all done but you can't compromise on quality. I now have a much nicer, state of the art, bathroom now than I would've had should I have stuck with MFI.

Please don't do it! Try Magnet.

my brother works in MFI. I know MFI had a bit of a bad reputation a while ago but they have been bought over by a German company and their products are high quality now, although you will probably think I am being bias. As my Gran always said, "You only get what you pay for!!" If you want quality then you have to pay moe for it :-)

its probably the same kitchen but j lewis up their prices because of their name n reputation mfi pretty gud but get your own kitchen installer will save you loads

Why buy a new kitchen? Do you REALLY need one? Its possible to just replace the drawer and cupboard fronts for a fraction of the price and the result is amazing!

How about going inbetween, I've got a Magnet one which I've had for 8 years & been very pleased with it.

buy john lewis then you get a decent one

did someone say MFI ??????????? DIDNT Think so