Have you seen the movie, "Rocket Science" and if so, was it worth seeing?

It's playing at our local theatre and I'd like to see it. It sounds funny but I don't know anyone who has seen it and I don't always agree with the critics.

Favorite Answer

I was just going to ask the same question....

I never heard of it until this morning, but I think I will go and 'risk it'.

I am going to the matinee today in about an hour, so I will report back to you with an edit about how it was....

EDIT:: :)

I'll try not to put any spoilers in here...

I thought it was alright, pretty funny overall, worth the 7 dollar ticket. It was kinda hard to get into because the kids all seems so young, but there problems are pretty universal, (un requited love, disappointment, dissatisfaction with life and the limitations of self, meaning of life...).

I thought 'Earl' the OCD brother was hilarious...as he reminded me of both myself and my sister at times, if that makes any sense.

It's a grass is greener movie, with the eternal optimist antagonist. If I was him I probably would never have tried the debate team, (so there is the lesson). In the end we find out everybody hurts and life isn't rosy or easy, which I think is a better 'moral' or conclusion than a big success or happy twist of fate.

Hope i didn't give too much away, but if that is the kind of movie you like try it out...(squid and the whale/thumbsucker misfit chronicle...)

• LORD Z

Yes and No

Never heard of it.