We are "dieting", more like changing our eating habits. Im looking for easy low cal/low fat recipes! Help!

Recipes for low cal/low fat diets

Best Answer

my husband and I are trying to do the same thing. The other night we had grilled chicken with a dry seasoning rub without salt, (Melissa's Veggie rub) sauteed portabellas with a little bit of milk to make a sauce, and steamed broccoli and slices of avocado. We eat like (skinny) royalty, and yet we still don't lose any weight, . . . then again, it may be that I have a really bad habit of cooking really good for you food, that tastes good, too. . . . and eating to much of it! ha ha. . . oh well, try out this idea and just don't eat as much as my husband and I and you'll be okay. . . enjoy! ^_^

Try the Body for Life cook book. It is full of low fat, low cal and easy recipes and they taste good. My husband and I love the recipes. It has a nice variety of meals too.

Be Careful

Fad Diets are Unhealthy

Some fad diets focus on one particular food or type of food. Other fad diets are fasting-type-diets and limited in duration to a few days.

This is bad diet-nutrition. The No 1. rule of good diet nutrition is:

Eat a balanced diet that includes a variety of foods.

Fad diets may cause you to develop nutritional deficiencies, because no one type of food has all the nutrients necessary for good health.

In particular, beware fad diets that promote "fat-burning" foods. There are no foods that have special "fat-burning" properties.

That's why you should eat moderate amounts from all food groups, not large amounts of a few special foods.

Fad dieting can sometimes lead to weight-cycling or yo-yo dieting - i.e. weight loss, followed by regain, followed by weight loss then regain etc. New research suggests that such weight cycling may lead to obesity.

So, avoid fad diets and fad dieting. Instead, pay attention to the Food Pyramid Guidelines and eat a balanced diet that includes foods from ALL food groups.

Weight Loss Diet Advice

The best plan for healthy weight loss and long term weight control is a balanced diet coupled with regular exercise. Anne Collins Diet is a proven weight loss program with practical advice on dieting, exercise, diet-motivation and good eating habits. For details, click Diet Preview.

For additional information go to http://www.madeprofitable.com/go?fatloss

If you try and eat as close to the original source as possible, and substitute fresh chopped veggies and fruits for sauces, that's the best change of habit you could make. I think msg and artificial flavorings make your digestive system confused and it turns into fat. Since I've changed, I've eaten more than ever, gotten full faster, and lost weight. All I've done is taken recipes and substituted fresh for the canned stuff.

• Evelyn

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

try grilled chicken served over chopped romaine lettuce, spinach, and grape tomatoes....maybe some low fat feta cheese, and low cal salad dressing. That's what I make when I want something that's both light and tasty!

Try stir-frying. It uses a minimal amount of fat and retains color ,nutrients and flavor. Also, give Indian cuisine a try. It uses a lot of spices and is relatively low in fat/calories.