Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do people think abercrombie and hollister are not the same?

hmmm okay im just getting reaaaalllyy annoyed at people when they say "oh your wearing abercrombie..i hate that store..i like hollister way better"

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because, really.. They aren't.

Abercrombie and Fitch owns both of them.

abercrombie kids is more for preteens.

Hollister is targeted more toward High School.

Abercrombie & Fitch is targeted for College.

They also have a new brand called Ruehl No.925 targeted toward post-collegiates who can afford to pay 30% than A&F's prices.

They are all owned by the same company, but they are technically not the same.

We aren't allowed to wear Hollister at work because we compete against them. Plus they are like four or five spaces down.

Source(s): A&F Employee.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, the morons part it true, but abercrombie sounds like it could be a big clothing company name, like hollister. I've never heard of abercrombie before, although I did start wearing Hollister clothing this summer, so that would be why I didn't know.

• 1 decade ago

Hollister is the cheap version of Abercrombie lol. I don't really shop at those stores anymore.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well they have different looking clothes and thier little logos on the animals are different and they been 2 the store i actually love thier stuff im just gonna keep loosin weight soo i can fit better in it but only 4 me cuz i wanna wear muscle tees lowrise destroyed jeans

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hollister is a brand marketed to teens, that is owned by Abercrombie and Fitch. You can't one without hating the other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abercrombie_&_Fitch#A...

• 1 decade ago

well, i dont like abercrombie cuz its twice as expencive as hollister and their sizes are too small compared o hollisters. and abercrombie is preppier

• Nam D.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Different people different opinion, and different point of views.

For me i wear commonly alternative which are AE, AF, Hco. and sometime A|X.

• Tamsin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Oh thats mean they shouldn't discriminate against one or the other of those stores.. they should hate them both!

• 1 decade ago

LOL because people are Morons.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep! A&F is better, and your friends are morons!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.