It's a Wonderful Life?

Penny Serenade

Gone With the Wind

Casablanca

Calamity Jane

Unsinkable Molly Brown

Father Goose

Get the pattern.

Do you think it's possible to remake the old classics that we love.

Wally Y

Technology would be amazing now, but would the emotion of the actors.

I truley believe that you could never capture the essence of people like James Stewart

Doris Day

Cary Grant

Clark Gable

Lana Turner

ETC ETC

Favorite Answer

They should keep their money-grubbing paws off of these classics! They did try a "Charade" remake under a different name, and it went straight to video. I tried watching it, and it was truly awful!

It would take real magic to remake some of these, and that's a rare thing in Hollywood. Films such as "Father Goose" or "Unsinkable Molly Brown" might be more plausible because they aren't familiar to many people. We have some wonderful musical talents, so perhaps a musical or two could be remade. Or, simply make more musicals!

Actually, movie remakes have been part of Hollywood since its inception, and a lot of those remakes have become classic, such as "The Maltese Falcon". It's a remake, remember? "A Star Is Born" has been filmed three times, and each can stand on its own merits. So, maybe it depends on the care that goes into it; not all are in it for a fast buck~which obviously is what most are up to though it's been backfiring on them often, whether it's "Miami Vice" or "The Out of Towners".

If care is taken, they could give us good translations of our beloved classics.

EDIT: I see actors and actresses of today being attacked as not as good as old-time actors! I'm a film buff who has seen the whole range of films and probably know many actors from way-back-when that you don't. I tell you this: I'll match many of today's actors with those of the past! Who do I think are remarkable actors that maybe people are simply used to?

Harrison Ford

Tommy Lee Jones

Anthony Hopkins

Antonio Banderas

Johnny Depp

Charlize Theron

Meryl Streep

Glenn Close

Diane Keaton

Bruce Willis

Peter Falk

Robert DeNiro

Tom Cruise

Robert Duvall

Kate Hudson

Kevin Bacon

Elijah Wood

Ian McKellan

Patrick Stewart

Samuel L. Jackson

Sally Field

Judy Davis

Judi Dench

Cate Blanchett

John Cleese

Kevin Kline

Jeff and Beau Bridges

the Baldwin brothers

Nicole Kidman

Naomi Watts

Rene Zellweger

Matthew McConnaughay

Jodie Foster

Denzel Washington

Morgan Freeman

Whoopi Goldberg

Demi Moore

Anne Heche

Bruce McGill

Isabella Rossellini

Kenneth Branagh

Mel Gibson

John Goodman

Jimmy Smits

Well, I think you might get the idea. Look around at those people we're so familiar with that we take for granted. I could keep naming them. Consider this: Meryl Streep has been nominated for 14 Oscars! That's more than any other actress OR actor! Prior to Meryl, Katharine Hepburn held the record of 12. Also, we're seeing a lot of young actors who aren't even seasoned yet, and they don't have the studio system to train them as they did in old Hollywood, where they would be given acting, dancing and singing lessons, fully trained. Yet, we have people showing us skills we never expected they had! Who knows who's going to amaze us next?

• Lou C

You must remember that in the days of people like Jimmy Stewart, Judy Garland, Doris Day, etc ... those actors were "owned" by the powerhouses (MGM, etc) .. they did not get to "choose" their roles. They worked on the film they were ordered to and they did what they were told.

There are some movies that are timeless that I really can't see a remake working (Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain is an example). However, our modern day actors, who have freedom of choice have done some great remakes ... it doesn't make the original less powerful .. just different. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for example ... the original is timeless ... but the remake was much darker and more true to the original story.

Bottom line is .. if you like a movie ... you will watch it over and over, no matter if its an old Gary Grant ... or a new Hugh Grant!

Yes, it is possible, but why? You could ruin it. Just leave it alone, and find new ideas. Would you redo a "Mona Lisa" painting? You could, but it won't be worth much.

The only reason they are doing remakes of all the old movies is because hollywood has run out of ideas for their own movies. where is all the imagination? They think they can make big bucks with the current actors and actresses. Would you go and watch a remake, for example, of "Julius and Cleopatra"? a remake of "The Sound of Music"?

Some of the old movies, I think because of better technology would be great.

Harvey

Gunga Din

Hellzapoppin'

Unsinkable Molly Brown

The Invisible Man

Dr Freckle and Mr. Hide

some of these and newer comedies based on the older movies would be great. Too bad Mel Brooks gave up making comedies, or too bad there aren't more producer/directors like Mel Brooks that can come up with great irreverent movies.

In some strategies particular. In some strategies no. nevertheless hampered via sick wellbeing and money because of the fact the international sees issues, I unquestionably have a marvelous perception into the workings of the international and particular hopes for extra useful to come again. From the Bible, I see the fact of it replaced into guy who tousled and suffers the outcomes in spite of the stunning fad of denial of all own duty for something. The escape plan has been made via God for guy some time past after guy first condemned itself via Adam. If time return and forth have been plausible the main familiar trip may be to fulfill Adam and critically beat him related to the face for being such an fool! the 2nd maximum familiar may be kicking Adam's butt. Our marvelous existence in common terms starts now as a dim shadow of sturdy issues to come again as we understand whilst God wipes away the airborne dirt and dirt of the international and restores the planet and people returned to perfection on it. We serve God with great excitement now as we relish the advantages right this moment of a extra useful relatives besides as own existence. Our values substitute to God's values and is verified on a regular basis and spoke of via the international. This brings reward of believe and honesty from others.

• I don't think so because back then, if you were famous it was because you had talent. Today all you have to do is do something stupid and you get famous. So if you try to remake them I don't think the new actors would ever have the same talent as the old ones and that means they wouldn't do such a good job!!! : )

NO! Never. I have never seen a remake that was better than the original. Besides, I would love to see moviemakers come up with something original again.

Yes I do . There are some wonderful young actors that could do a good remake.

Why remake them???.....your last line says it all. And you'll never again find anyone like those old classic, dying breed of actors/actresses.

Doing remakes isn't always a good thing...remember when they remade psycho with Vince Vaughn? It was a bust!