I'm coughing up blood, but I don't know if it's serious...?

I have asthma and I'm wheezing a lot, and just now I coughed up flem with what I think might be blood... I'm not sure if it's something I should be really worried about, or if that might be something esle. Should I go to the hospital? And if I do, what should I expect to be done? (I don't want them... show more I have asthma and I'm wheezing a lot, and just now I coughed up flem with what I think might be blood... I'm not sure if it's something I should be really worried about, or if that might be something esle. Should I go to the hospital? And if I do, what should I expect to be done? (I don't want them to be like, "SURPRISE! W're gonna cut you open!" or something. )
Update: I'm not completely sure if it's blood or not... and there's not that much of it.
Update 2: Okay, I took my inhaler and it's making it a lot easier to breathe. The blood only appeared once. I should still get it checked out?