Cost of Errors and Omissions Insurance?

My wife and I are in central Virginia and are starting up a financial counseling business. We are offering advice only; therefore, we are not selling any financial products. Initially, we are going to do it on an appointment only basis and then once the company grows, get a storefront and do it full time. We... show more My wife and I are in central Virginia and are starting up a financial counseling business. We are offering advice only; therefore, we are not selling any financial products. Initially, we are going to do it on an appointment only basis and then once the company grows, get a storefront and do it full time. We have been professionally trained, but are not "Certified Financial Planners."

I am wondering what a ballpark figure would be for the errors and omissions insurance in our situation. I understand that the policy will vary by what is included and the specifics, but I'm just looking for a general figure. Thanks!
Update: We are *not* billing ourselves as Certified Financial Planners. We are selling our time and advice only (basically, helping people set up budgets, work through debt [not consolidation services], build a healthy financial strategy for life, etc.). There is no license available that we can obtain for what we are... show more We are *not* billing ourselves as Certified Financial Planners. We are selling our time and advice only (basically, helping people set up budgets, work through debt [not consolidation services], build a healthy financial strategy for life, etc.). There is no license available that we can obtain for what we are going to do.
Update 2: We also will not be recommending specific investments. We may recommend *types* of investments (e.g., growth stock mutual funds), but will not recommend any specific company nor sell any investment.
Update 3: I very much appreciate your input and insight! If my additional details modify your answer, please modify your answer. Thanks!
Update 4: Let me reitterate. We *will not* recommend specific stocks nor will sell any type of financial product - ever. Our goal is not to sell products, but to counsel people on how to handle their money in general. If they wish to purchase financial products, we will recommend an investment broker.
5 answers 5